Board index Webportal Spam ]

The last film you've watched?

Author
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

The last film you've watched? - Postby Mastakilla » 28 May 2010, 04:48

Thought it'd be fun to make a topic like this, not sure if it exists already, could very well be that Chris made one decades ago :alc:
I'd like people to post what film they've most recently seen, and give a short description + rating about it (if you like)

I've seen too many films in the last 2 months and I'm kinda running out of ideas as what to watch now.

Last film I seen was Year One
It's a comedy with a great cast; Jack Black (playing Zed) and the main characters from Superbad are in it,
as well as, surprisingly (to me) Vinnie Jones!
And there are a few other actors you will probably recognize...

The story is basically about two cavemen type of guys, Zed and Oh, who leave their village because... Well they're basically ban-hammered out of there. So they are travelling about to find/start a new village. On their journey they run into some biblical characters such as Cain and Abel and Abraham and Isaac, basically playing out what was writen in the bible in an hilarious way. The very first circumcision also takes place in it! That should be enough to convince you that this is a must see film, especially for people who are skeptical of religion, or just like to make fun out of it :-D

I feel kind of biased to rate this film enormously high because of my fanboyism for Jack Black and Vinnie Jones
(Vinnie played his role very well even though he'd seem out of place in this type of film)

Anyway I downloaded this film in need of a laugh, and I got what I wanted.
So I'll give it an 8/10

I'd actually give it a 10/10 but I can't think of any reason as to why it would be THAT amazing, at almost 4AM in the morning. So yeah.

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby IchoTolot » 28 May 2010, 10:55

From Paris with Love

A personal aide to U.S. Ambassador in France, James Reece (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) has an enviable life in Paris and a beautiful French girlfriend, but his real passion is his side job as a low-level operative for the CIA. All James wants is to become a bona fide agent and see some real action. So when he's offered his first senior-level assignment, he can't believe his good luck until he meets his new partner, special agent Charlie Wax (John Travolta) - a trigger-happy, wisecracking, loose cannon who's been sent to Paris to stop a terrorist attack. Wax leads James on a white-knuckle shooting spree through the Parisian underworld that has James praying for his desk job. But when James discovers he's a target of the same crime ring they're trying to bust, he realizes there's no turning back...and that Wax himself might be his only hope for making it through the next forty-eight hours alive.

pi/100*1337=42
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby Skilgannon » 28 May 2010, 12:31

Iron Man 2. Much the same vein as the first one, fantastic effects, great acting. The story, while pretty average hollywood stuff, is executed rather well, and Downey lends his comic hand to it more than once.

9/10

* Since when were you the one in control?
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby ~DJ~ » 28 May 2010, 12:59

SOME CRAZY INDIAN ACTION OLD MOVIE THAT WAS REFFERED BY HERE SOMEWHERE ON HERE TOPIC HERE.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby IchoTolot » 28 May 2010, 13:14

Skilgannon wrote:Iron Man 2....9/10

7/10 from me

pi/100*1337=42
Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby Jima B » 28 May 2010, 14:07

I'm not actually much of a television or film person.
I honestly forget the last film I watched. It was a few weeks ago, but I never got to see the end anyway.

I'm very picky with films, and what I enjoy regularly depends on my mood at the time I watch it.

I'd tell you guys about the last game I played instead, but it's Deus ex. I have a feeling you guys may have already heard of that.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!
Majestic
Behemoth
Behemoth

Nationality:
Netherlands

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby Majestic » 28 May 2010, 15:48

Avatar. Awesome environments, but the story itself wasn't spectacular.

Shadowrunner wrote:I impersonated myself today...
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby synthetic » 28 May 2010, 17:03

~DJ~ wrote:SOME CRAZY INDIAN ACTION OLD MOVIE THAT WAS REFFERED BY HERE SOMEWHERE ON HERE TOPIC HERE.

HAHAHAHA

Do you mean the whole movie or the clip alone :-D

Ill probably watch some korean movie tonight, likely by kim ki duk as i have plenty sitting on my hdd. From Paris with Love seems definitely like something Id get.

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby ~DJ~ » 28 May 2010, 17:32

WHOEL MOVIE, kiddin tho.. couldn't find name. just saw the clip :$

The last movie I'd probably saw would be..Step up 2.. ye

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Hammer[HK]Time!
Mr Exclusive
Mr Exclusive

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby Hammer[HK]Time! » 28 May 2010, 20:38

I thought Iron Man 2 was more simplistic film school cash cow's milk being fed indiscreetly to audiences who refuse to be waned off plot driven CGI movies.

But that's just me.

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby synthetic » 28 May 2010, 22:21

Righty, yakusoku dori the last movie I watched was 10 minutes ago and it was KIM Ki-Duk's "3-iron"

One of Ki-duk Kim's least controversial films but probably one of his best.

The story of a drifting stranger who lives in vacant family homes and an abused housewife who seeks escape with the stranger.

I suppose by least controversial they mean that nobody is filmed taking metabolic end product or preparing sashimi of a living fish, which I saw in another one of his movies.

All I can say about 3-Iron (Bin-jip) is that its an absolutely amazing movie, so different from what you'd imagine. Its plot completely driven by the natural course of its surroundings - when you expect the main character do something, ie in some standard situation such as facing police brutality or incarceration, the writer wont use the clich

[FGS]Hawk
Federvieh
Federvieh

Nationality:
Germany

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby [FGS]Hawk » 29 May 2010, 02:07

The last (real) movie I've watched was The Stepfather.
I don't know whether A Gamer's Day counts as movie or not :-D

"A programmer is a tool which converts caffeine to code." -- Unknown
"Lol, wtf, that sounds like Dragonforce" -- Nobody
"error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'float' to 'float'" -- Visual C++ 2008 <-- o.O
"shitham hat echt zu viel metabolic end product im hirn" -- Nobody
"Mein Leben ist scheiße... ach nee, war deins!" -- Serdar Somuncu
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby synthetic » 30 May 2010, 01:55

So I just finished watching "Versus" by Ryuhei Kitamura (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275773/). The Ultimate Versus version, to be exact (subbed not dubbed). Its the original with improved fight scenes/effects, lasting a bit longer, I believe. Its a movie I had already seen, but decided to give the new version another watch.

Image Image

Although the movie was originally made with very low budget and is more often referred to as indie horror, it has something truly captivating that has gained this particular title by Kitamura a cult following. The only reason he re-released Versus, I suppose. I wouldnt classify it as a proper horror per se, but rather cartoonish horror comedy blend with a b-movie feel. The main focus is on the strange characters and lines. My japanese is not good enough yet to understand all of the lines, so I have to go by the subs, but what ever the case "im a feminist" quote by the protagonist is fuckin hilarious given what hes like. He literally spends the entire beginning pissing yakuza off big time, while having guns pointed at him.

Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby Fear » 30 May 2010, 03:22

what the *love* @ the 2nd pic, downloading..

last movie i watched was Unthinkable, a new one with Samuel L Jackson in, quite good!

2004-2014
Skilgannon
NoNameRANK
NoNameRANK

Re: The last film you've watched? - Postby Skilgannon » 30 May 2010, 16:01

IchoTolot wrote:
Skilgannon wrote:Iron Man 2....9/10

7/10 from me

German dubs don't count. <3

* Since when were you the one in control?

Return to Spam