Board index Webportal Spam ]

High Pings

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

High Pings - Postby TheWolf » 21 Dec 2011, 02:16

I don't know where else to put this. I have a long internet wire from my house to outside the trees because my internet is based on line of sight. It's about 240ft, I replaced it because my dog chewed it up and I spliced it so many times because it was slow. I may have made the cable too long, or crimped the ends wrong but I'll replace the ends tomorrow. So my question is, how can I lower my latency? I know the long wire has something to do with it.

Ingame: Sev
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: High Pings - Postby Magus » 21 Dec 2011, 02:37

Well given you've stated your internet is based on line of sight, I assume you have a satellite connection, and thus conclude there's not a lot you can do about lag because IT'S A GOD DAMN SATELLITE.

Beaming metabolic end product from space takes a while, you know.

Of course, if it's not a satellite, then you probably need a new wire.

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
TheWolf
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Canada

Re: High Pings - Postby TheWolf » 21 Dec 2011, 03:47

It's not a satellite. It's similar satellite, except the satellite is on top of something high (in this case a grain terminal). So I'm about 2kms away, not 20 000kms. My connection used to work fine. I figured my wire's too long and I'm getting 25% packet loss every few tests. The wire doesn't need to replace, I need to attempt to shorten it or put a repeater/extender on. So anyone know a brand and model number of a wired extender that keeps P.O.E.?

Ingame: Sev

Return to Spam