Weed - A matter of discipline

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby Fear » 10 Mar 2012, 23:07

:-D lol Schizo

I'm absolutely terrible now at every gametype i play, my head aint there, infact my head isn't anywhere lately... probably too much weed, i really need to stop smoking it.

2004-2014
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby Mastakilla » 10 Mar 2012, 23:10

Fear wrote::-D lol Schizo

I'm absolutely terrible now at every gametype i play, my head aint there, infact my head isn't anywhere lately... probably too much weed, i really need to stop smoking it.

No you don't
Even though you're terrible I bet you're not bothered by it

THE AMAZING EFFECTS <3

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby ShadowRunner » 11 Mar 2012, 23:19

Dan, the light that burns twice as bright, burns twice as short.

There are a lot of crouchbuggers and guys who wont' balance teams at the moment and their idea of low-tech/going easy is using a pistol. Their scores might be better, but they're fooling themselves and no-one else at all. I rarely try to win these days.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Mar 2012, 00:30

Mastakilla wrote:
Fear wrote::-D lol Schizo

No you don't
Even though you're terrible I bet you're not bothered by it

THE AMAZING EFFECTS <3

Exactly that's the problem.
Over long period, the weed makes you being bothered about no metabolic end product anymore.
One day the brain degeneration is irreversible but you guys won't be bothered about this at that point anymore anyway. :ney:

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby Mastakilla » 12 Mar 2012, 01:26

To me it feels like I just see the bigger picture, and petty things such as my performance in a multiplayer game, doesn't matter at all to me.
I don't see how that's a problem :-D

I see what you're trying to say but I'd also like to see where you get that idea from. The effect I'm talking about is only while under the influence, it's not a lasting effect to me. Wether long term use will lead to me never/barely being bothered about things, and more importantly, important things, remains to be seen.

The only proven negative side effect that I've seen and am willing to admit is that with long term use, or extensive use, you will experience short term memory loss.

The rest, to me from what I've read are just theories and speculation. Just like there's quite some theories and speculation about the positive effects, I don't see those as proven either. Interesting stuff though, both sides.

I think it has only improved me as a person, I'm pretty sure alot of people who know me well would agree with the change I've gone through since I started smoking weed.
(used to be a really angry person, now I'm peaceful as metabolic end product. Because metabolic end product is peaceful. metabolic end product wouldn't hurt a fly. metabolic end product actually feeds certain flies. See?)

This is off topic though and maybe should be moved to it's own topic. Or maybe a previous topic on the subject which I'm sure is around here somewhere.
Although I don't care to discuss it more unless you have some interesting material for me to read on the topic.

In any case, live and let live

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Mar 2012, 02:41

Marijuana has over 200 medical uses. The numbers of side-effects are far less. However, like all medicines, a percentage of people have bad reactions and go crazy. It's probable that those internal problems existed already and if it wasn't marijuana, something else was going to trigger their issues anyway.

Nobody wrote:Over long period, the weed makes you being bothered about no metabolic end product anymore.

I would like to disagree. It's not long-term use, but daily use or regular use that is the problem. I've seen people go crazy on it, within days. I know two guys, one smoked every day, one smoked twice a week. The guy who smoked every day, his life fell apart. The guy who smoked at weekends didn't. It's accumulative. That's why it affects some people, they don't drain their bodies. It's the same with other drugs, especially cocaine. There are people who take it once a month, with zero negative effect, then there are people who take it more than once every ten days, almost none of those people can survive the effects. I believe it's the same with party pills, the human body needs 10-14 days to replace dopamin/seratonin etc. So what I am saying is, you could smoke your whole life, if you did it with caution and care and took the appropriate countermeasures, but if you smoked every day, I'd be impressed if you lasted 3 months without big life problems.

Definitely if you smoke daily, you will develop a psychosis. It's about self-discpline and also how you care for your body, while you do smoke. You need abnormal amounts of vitamins and water. I bet the people suffering psychosis from regular/daily use don't eat, sleep or hydrate properly.

Also another thing I've seen with weed. People who smoke far too much and smoke daily carry out their lives normally, their life won't fall apart until there is a "trigger", most common example I've seen is stress or confrontation. i.e. a bad event, then seemingly normal guys can't suddenly run their lives or carry out an act they will later regret.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Mar 2012, 11:31

For the first time, I almost completely agree with you.
It's generally about the 'how often' and basing on experiences with some fellow students, I was implying the daily use of weed.
Thank god they have no psychosis but they wasted a whole year by the general 'no stress, keep chilled' attitude that was established.. and there was/is definitely no reason to chill.
ShadowRunner wrote:People who smoke far too much and smoke daily carry out their lives normally, their life won't fall apart until there is a "trigger", most common example I've seen is stress or confrontation.
Ofc, the group of people who are fine with their life are far less dangered.. but there's also the other group of people that take drugs in order to get the impression to be fine with their live.. and THAT are the dangered ones and that are the ones I'm talking about.

As for Nick.. since we don't know eachother personally, I can't estimate to which group you belong to. If you're at peace with the world and yourself, then you've my apologies for my implication.
I was just arguing, baasing on my experience with some of my fellow students.

~TOPIC SPLIT~

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Mar 2012, 19:12

Wise words, it is better to "err on the side of caution."

We say "all things in moderation". So you are right, it's a question of discipline.

Cream will kill you too, if you drink too much.

Since Dan works, he hasn't got time to overdose most likely.

I used to fundraise for the Red Cross and often met pensioners in their 90's who looked around 60-65, I'd ask what their secret was and they ALL said "keeping myself busy/keeping active".

~[FGS]Próphèt~
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Re: 100 different ways to die in Deus Ex - Postby ~[FGS]Próphèt~ » 18 Mar 2012, 20:45

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Thank god they have no psychosis but they wasted a whole year

Bleh why do ppl who don't smoke weed always call longer periods of smoking weed 'wasted'. I smoked a lot of it for about 4 years (daily and not 1 or 2, but often 6 or 7 per day), but I have completely quit with it almost a year ago now (went 'cold turkey' never had any significant troubles and I don't regret it at all). Those 4 years weren't, in my eyes, wasted. Granted some friendships fell apart, and my school grades weren't optimal. But looking back, those friends are pretty humungous assholes now and I was studying for a job I would now never ever ever want to execute (being sober for about a year).
So in a way I feel smoking weed has opened my eyes a lot during those 4 years, a lot like Masta saying it makes him see the bigger picture.
But I often thought it was the weed who made me able to do that (and it probably was), but I've come to notice my thought processes have not changed in the year I'm sober now. Somehow I feel that long period has molded my thoughts, if you catch my drift.

So surely, don't be afraid to quit Masta :P You can still be as chilled without weed.

I quitted because my lungs were starting to ache, btw. Severely.

and there was/is definitely no reason to chill.

If you never have a reason to chill during the period of a year, I kind of pity you...

-What's the higher level if your metabolic end product ain't real?-
-The Earth is my whorehouse-
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 18 Mar 2012, 21:24

~[FGS]Próphèt~ wrote:Bleh why do ppl who don't smoke weed always call longer periods of smoking weed 'wasted'.
It's not the act of smoking weed itself. It's about the side effects.
They usually went to bed at 4am and got up at 1-2pm.
They missed some mandatory deadlines.
So what they got..? A LOT less money and a year completely no progress... Well done, I say! :roll:

~[FGS]Próphèt~ wrote:If you never have a reason to chill during the period of a year, I kind of pity you...
Don't twist my words. I wasn't talking of never having a reason to chill but of NOT ALWAYS having a reason to chill.
I admit, the year was pretty exhauting for me but unlike them I finished my Bachelor of Science degree with A.
Unfortunately, I have the habit of caring about other people and it keeps worrying me what they do.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby [FGS]Chees » 18 Mar 2012, 22:10

I smoked the stuff from 14 to 21, smoked nearly every type as well as many c A every day as it was in abundance and sorta free when you deal it (no needles or cc or that level hc dru**)and can honestly say it messed my life up big time. Hence why people think I'm a bit messed up on dx and forums!
Chilling with a j now and then is fine but overuse of weed will start f***** with your brain. If i can catch a video of my mate who is now 50+ you will see how much it's destroyed him as a person...he also scares the sh** out of me as he's very unpredictable in any situation.
edit: when you say 6 or 7, you mean joints right? a day?
I'm personally talking about upwards of 2 ounces a day. about $200 per day back then.
your choice to quit but I agree 'A matter of discipline' about anything we consume is a must.
I chose not to smoke, moved house and a fresh start...best decision i ever made.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Mar 2012, 00:52

2 ounces a week. WTF? HAX!

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Mar 2012, 01:50

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
~[FGS]Próphèt~ wrote:Bleh why do ppl who don't smoke weed always call longer periods of smoking weed 'wasted'.
It's not the act of smoking weed itself. It's about the side effects.
They usually went to bed at 4am and got up at 1-2pm.
They missed some mandatory deadlines.
So what they got..? A LOT less money and a year completely no progress... Well done, I say! :roll:

That's weird, because weed makes you more sleepy rather then YEAHHH LETS STAY UP TILL 4AM!!!
I usually don't sleep before midnight, except when I'm high.

Seems like the people you're talking about were bound to fail anyway.

I really don't understand why marijuana use is so frowned upon. It bugs me the most when people who drink alcohol every weekend do it though.
What's a little memory loss to yourself vs thousands and thousands of deaths by alcohol world wide (which also causes brain damage and liver damage.......................)

At least someone like you (well I'm assuming you're not much of a drinker) isn't a complete hypocrite when they critisize the wonderful THC

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 19 Mar 2012, 12:42

Mastakilla wrote:That's weird, because weed makes you more sleepy rather then YEAHHH LETS STAY UP TILL 4AM!!!
Well, ofc there is no rage.. it's more like levitating until 4am lol.. and inbetween a beer's being hoisted.

Mastakilla wrote:Seems like the people you're talking about were bound to fail anyway.
That might be true to a certain extent..
As I said earlier, it's not just the drugs but also always the general circumstances.

Mastakilla wrote:I really don't understand why marijuana use is so frowned upon. It bugs me the most when people who drink alcohol every weekend do it though.
What's a little memory loss to yourself vs thousands and thousands of deaths by alcohol world wide (which also causes brain damage and liver damage.......................)
Yeah, a marijuana vs alcohol debate could fill a whole forum itself. I basically disregard the overuse of any drug. That includes the smoking of tabacco cigarettes in particular because it affects other people too. Just ONE cigarette smoker is enuff to disturb a whole group of people. :ney:
Also I'm personally more annoyed by usual tabacco smoke than by marijuana smoke.

Mastakilla wrote:At least someone like you (well I'm assuming you're not much of a drinker) isn't a complete hypocrite when they critisize the wonderful THC
I'm not having general isues with THC, just with smoking. I myself experienced it by weed cup cakes and it was a pretty funny evening.. so it's not that I'm a complete outsider as Prohpet implied. Well, actually I'm angry about those consumers which don't have the will and discipline to keep it in check.
Also.. my mom got the tourette syndrome and it's proven that it's capable of lowering its symptoms. I would appreciate it, if she wouldn't have to pay several hundred euros for a legal homeopathic tetrahydrocannabinol solution.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Weed - A matter of discipline - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Mar 2012, 22:54

Nobody wrote:I'm not having general isues with THC, just with smoking

Crazy when you think about it, smoke inhalation, very anti-social and dangerous. Strange that it can be relaxing.

Mastakilla wrote:I really don't understand why marijuana use is so frowned upon.

Three types of people. Those who watched it in their youth or childhood and saw people relaxed and not being criminals.
Second type of person had no experience but has been taught all their life that drugs = crime. Third type of person to frown = women. Given a choice between partner who is active and attentive and a randy dog, or a partner who is stoned, in their own thoughts and sluggish, most women frown on regular use... so I've been told. Also if your parents couldn't sometimes handle the drink, then it shifts you further away from alcohol and nearer to sucking hot smoke into your lungs.

Return to Spam