Board index Webportal Spam ]

Challenge: Find new Canon 600D

Author

Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 19 May 2012, 16:36

Cheapest offer wins :oops:

I found one without lens for $680, it includes shipping and all sorts of fees.

Any help is appreciated!

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 May 2012, 20:51

Where the fruck are you looking?

I can find it for $550 from 80+ shops in the UK.

I can find it with a lens from around $630 used.

However for less than $430 I can also find Nikon D5100.

If you are buying to shoot video, bear in mind there is no continual focusing on Canon 600D.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 20 May 2012, 17:59

i'm buying for video. i'd probably need a 50mm lens but the 1.4 is very xpensive and 1.8 gets bad reviews.

can you link me to those UK shops? also, do they sell with batteries n other stuff, or is it the body only?

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby chin.democ. » 20 May 2012, 18:26

Pricerunner brings this up, I hope it's usual for you - http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/cl/29/Digi ... ort=4&sp=1.

You can click on the # retailers link under the blue "compare prices" icon.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 May 2012, 20:30

can you link me to those UK shops? also, do they sell with batteries n other stuff, or is it the body only?

Yes I can but are we buying new or used?
(I personally recommend not buying new. You'll spend a ton on accessories, that are likely to come free with a used kit.
Also first equipment purchases and ownerships are learning curves, better to make mistakes with used gear.)

Are you buying Canon because college has Canon lenses? Is there any reason, or is it that either Canon or Nikon will do ok?

As for lenses, I suspect some alternative EF or EFS lenses won't give you full features, or need to be checked that they do. I'm not sure if the focal length rules work the same for stills and video, but if they do then you don't want less than 50 and don't want more than 100, even 85mm will require bigger rooms for shooting people. 85mm is a shedload more flattering and makes people look good though. Depends what you are lighting but 50mm 1.8 should be ok, I'd rather have a second lens than spend all that money for an extra stop, but if low light is an issue, then probably a used 1.4 would be easy to find.

Zoom lenses generally won't give you equal quality, use a lens for each shot required. If that means hiring, it still works better than using some shitty Tamron lens that doesn't give full features anyway. Here's one topic on the 600D and lenses: http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=799570

£350 for body only - http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID540C5/google about another 200 shops do it for between £350-400.
Here is a site which picks the best of e-bay: http://www.slr-lens.co.uk/canon-600d?gc ... fAod7VCUqA

The cheaper used deals seem to be trying to sell you the 18-55mm lens, which surely can't be as good as the 50mm in quality.
But with lens they seem to be around $700 dollars on e-bay, this one is $678: http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Canon-EOS-Rebel ... ras&_clu=2

So you have to ask yourself, is it worth paying an extra $150-200 for a lens which you may not want anyway. I suspect you can probably pick up a decent 50mm 1.8 for definitely less than $100, around £60-70 in the UK probably if not less. Having said this, plenty of people seem to recommend the 18-55, but I know it can not have equal quality of a fixed lens.

Kits with many accessories - haven't seen many so far. But I would recommend tripod is one area you don't go cheap. It's got to be able to withstand an idiot walking into it, the wind, cable pulling etc, so basically heavy and quality, like Manfrotto. This can cost you more than the lens. Alternatively, possibly some ancient film/video tripod is for sale on e-bay.

For bags, if security is no issue, I recommend Billingham, they're just indestructible. I've stopped using them though and use £5 sports bags, much less hassle from authorities and opportunists.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 May 2012, 20:45

One on Chinny's list is not bad at £484 with an 18-55mm lens. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI. ... 0696976509

The cheapest way I can find in this short space of time would be to buy the £350 Body-only from SLR Hut and buy a used 50mm for around £65, total being £415 or $650.

So I've only saved you about $40 dollars so far. Probably buying the body-only from SLR Hut and a lens in Hungary would work out cheaper, there must be some used Canon stuff in Hungary.

It's difficult because search results aren't differentiating between body-only and with-lens prices.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 May 2012, 22:42

Started topic about 600D, also there is active topic in same section about 800D and what accessories to buy.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=837997

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 21 May 2012, 16:04

Do you think the one on SLRHut is a literally body only sale, or do they also provide battery and usb cable like some other places? Also, 18-55 I can get very cheap, new.

I've been recommended to definitely get a new body and used lens because some people tend to buy and sell good lens every couple months meaning that the stuff they sell is both good quality and cheap.

Although this would be my first own dslr, I have some ideas on how to use it best, I've been working with a 7D for many months now with 3 different lens and video tripod. The reason I'm buying 600D is to keep practicing while I'm away from college and have no access to this kind of stuff. My friend bought a glidecam recently, it's so steady that one might easily compare it with a steady cam if it's used professionally. I'm thinking of getting that instead of a tripod at this point.

Also, you won't believe this, but I found a new 5D Mark III for 602 pds online. It's either stolen or it's a fake thing but I wouldn't hesitate 1 minute if it turned out to be real haha.

I guess I agree with you on the extra stop not worth spending tons of extra money, I've just seen some comparisons online which made me think twice on that. What I really like about the 600D is the beautiful shots it makes on low light circumstances and the 50 could really help me with that if it came with an 1.4 aperture. It's a tough call.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Challenge: Find new Canon 600D - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 May 2012, 17:40

Hmm

1. DSLR without battery, to me, is stolen, so yep it's new, it must come boxed with discs, cable, power charger and battery. Probably a viewfinder rubber guard and a strap too. At least in the UK.

2. Used lens/new body makes sense too, since I've given you the speech, you're not likely to do this:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1114874 (Don't bother reading, just scroll down a little...)

3. Low-light is supposedly the forte of Canon. So you might have a point with the 1.4. I've never shot with a 600D or shot video with any DSLR actually, but reviews say it gives that "film" feel and seems to be camera of choice for "semi-pro" work. I had a D70 last year and to be honest, that is pretty much all I need, probably a D3100 or D90. The only time I shoot in low-light, I will use some fill-in flash anyway, so it's not an issue for me to have 1.4, but yes makes sense for you.

4. Romanians do sell crap/fake on e-bay. There is a way to avoid being robbed by them, it's to do with paypal and how the money is transacted, they can only sell 3 or 4 things on the account before it's flagged, it depends on delivery times and paypal basically, so they are always in a rush to get paid and are likely to have an account that is not that old, but has sold 30 or 40 low value items legitimately first, then recently is advertising laptops, cameras etc at prices that will shift fast. The guy I witnessed, was selling non-existent and broken items, using the broken items first.

Return to Spam