Board index Webportal Spam ]

artificial heart woah

Author
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 04 Jan 2014, 01:54

I'm familiar with that stereotype, though.
When I was studying (loooooooooonnngggg ago) and things needed to be done NOW.
Then my smoky buddies preferred to tell me to chill instead of getting up their asses. [-(

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 04 Jan 2014, 06:59

Hmm I'm thinking that if these artificial hearts get perfected and they become able to permanently replace humans hearts, the average life span of humans will increase so significantly that overpopulation will become an even bigger problem than it already is - WE'RE DOOMED NO MATTER WHAT WE DO

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Mastakilla » 04 Jan 2014, 07:06

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:I'm familiar with that stereotype, though.

I was talking nicotine smokers, and I think Chinny was too?

From what I gathered he seems to mean nicotine smokers that obviously need more health care in the long run and cost the tax payers money because the health care system in the UK is pretty amazing but Brits aren't easily satisfied :-D

More money spent to provide healthcare in the country = More tax that needs to paid by all (from what I understand)
Chinny seems to ignore the fact that smokers pay an insane amount of tax to support their habbit though. Not sure what happens with that money.

Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Khaamilus » 04 Jan 2014, 13:02

This might also interested you...

http://2045.com/

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby ShadowRunner » 04 Jan 2014, 13:40

In defence of smokers, I wager it is alcohol, sausages, driving to work, coffee and pharmaceuticals that are killing people more than cigarettes. There is an extra strain on their heart caused by the obesity.

Drain on the NHS comes from alcohol abuse and from non-taxpayers such as migrants, students (who tend to drink and do silly things) etc. Also if you think a surgeon on average earns £200,000 a year or nearly three times what the country's leader earns, that is some pretty big drain right there. It's not often a smoker wiped out an entire family on the road, but alcoholics do this every day. You can fit a pacemaker to a smoker, but you can't fit one to an alcoholic, their heart has expanded massively.

Also it has been shown how many of the dangers of tobacco become inert, when tobacco is mixed with weed, in particular no weed smoker ever was diagnosed with emphysemia, but it's a common illness in tobacco-only users. While smoking is crude, I wager the next modern miracles in medicine will actually come from cannabis research. Just like drinking tea or chewing cocoa leaves, there was a reason for it's use in the first place.

Government has chosen to ban electronic cigarettes in public places and not classify them as medical aids, this was a mistake in my opinion.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby chin.democ. » 05 Jan 2014, 12:24

Perhaps lazy was the wrong word, although in my personal experience smokers tend to be lazy. I guess weak willed would be more accurate, don't get me wrong I love my smoking family members and buddies, but I wish they would just quit because it's just about the worst habit you could have. I've turned somewhat into a health nut in the last year or so and I get frustrated with how people treat their bodies, as a human race we are generally lazy and don't give a crap about what we eat.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Tidus » 14 Jan 2014, 01:40

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:Hmm I'm thinking that if these artificial hearts get perfected and they become able to permanently replace humans hearts, the average life span of humans will increase so significantly that overpopulation will become an even bigger problem than it already is - WE'RE DOOMED NO MATTER WHAT WE DO

i agree.

We do so much to keep people alive for a short or long period of time that we forget that the earth is actually pretty small and we would have this kind of a problem in no time if people could have augment parts from now on.
The lifespan increased from from time to time because we had much less dangerous things to do (like hunting or living in some f/ucked up time) and could just be lazy about it and buy our meat for example instead of hunting it.
No i dont want you to go out now and hunt your meat, you can hunt your meat in a supermarket, see if i care :bwahaha:

I wouldnt say im against such things but i would totaly not say that they lead to huge problems in the future.
Overpopulation is one of the problems we might have pretty soon if augmentations get flawless and would prevent death in some peoples lifes.
Not talking about beeing stronger or turning into a super human or something like that... that would be a different story or a different problem.

The other thing would be using pills to not have these parts rejected from your body. I dont quiet remember in what game that was.. was it in deus ex? I think Deus Ex 3 had that yea.
Could lead to problems (maybe im thinking too much about this one lol)

But nevertheless its awesome that humans can do amazing things like this. A hearth is so coomplicated but here we have it a mechanical hearth which works just like a real one. Three times bigger though but still

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Jan 2014, 13:26

But were we really hunters? or were we more like scavengers?, when you think of true hunters on the planet they are extremely fast and can change direction while at speed effortlessly. We seem too big and slow to be hunters, but I am fascinated about early human life, I really need to find some decent documentaries about early human life, health and diet. I'm interested in the true life expectancy of the human body in its natural habitat for instance.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Tidus » 14 Jan 2014, 16:15

chin.democ. wrote:But were we really hunters? or were we more like scavengers?, when you think of true hunters on the planet they are extremely fast and can change direction while at speed effortlessly. We seem too big and slow to be hunters, but I am fascinated about early human life, I really need to find some decent documentaries about early human life, health and diet. I'm interested in the true life expectancy of the human body in its natural habitat for instance.

You can basicly read that everywhere that humans back then really where hunters. They outran most of they preys or atleast made them tired from running and then killed them.
I didnt belived myself because we seem to be scavengers but in reality we are hunters.

Just type in google "humans outrun prey" and you find plenty of articles :wink:

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Mastakilla » 14 Jan 2014, 17:01

We became hunters once we invented us some tools

SPEARS *love* YE

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Jan 2014, 18:55

Yeah, at which point we probably grew sharp teeth. So until tools were invented we were not hunters, we were herbivores I guess.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby [FGS]Chees » 14 Jan 2014, 21:35

Then came along Pizza Hut, KFC Mc Donald's and a phone :bwahaha:
We as humans are real lazy in this day and age :roll:

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Mastakilla » 14 Jan 2014, 23:01

[FGS]Chees wrote:Then came along Pizza Hut, KFC Mc Donald's and a phone :bwahaha:

Hey, humans worked hard to be lazy.
Would be rude to spit in the face of our ancestors

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: artificial heart woah - Postby Tidus » 14 Jan 2014, 23:30

[FGS]Chees wrote:Then came along Pizza Hut, KFC Mc Donald's and a phone :bwahaha:

This made my day :bwahaha:

Return to Spam