Board index Webportal Spam ]

When you realize...

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

Nationality:
United States of America

When you realize... - Postby Poor » 18 Apr 2014, 04:57

...that a Nintendo 64 game has more active online multiplayer than Deus Ex.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: When you realize... - Postby chin.democ. » 18 Apr 2014, 12:00

Not sure whether to laugh or cry! :-)

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: When you realize... - Postby Tidus » 19 Apr 2014, 00:41

This is like comparing apples with bananas.

EVERYONE and their mother know, what a nintendo is but not everyone know deus ex.

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: When you realize... - Postby Mastakilla » 19 Apr 2014, 13:52

It's true, my mum and my aunt played a hell of alot of Super Mario

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: When you realize... - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Apr 2014, 18:34

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here..."

I think you are right in saying 75% of server population displays mental issues. My experience of the game of late is watching people complain, people talk about rape, people change my team to "f.a. g.s", it's very boring the game atm. The only decent game I have had on cagematch was when you were there. Some [A-TO] member as well can't play without being a clown either. I like the modding and the cameraderie of the people making content or supporting it, but I don't feel I am missing anything.

I would like to see botservers and servers continue and people be able to enjoy new content or gametypes in future, it would be great to see TREM/DXSM, UR, Hengsha and other great stuff up in future. Even if you could solve the problems of aug complexity, 10 year old skills, fps issues, cheating etc, the other personal and people problems in the community just seem to be getting worse, so I welcome a new engine and influx of people interested in multiplayer, if it has to be like that. I expect more from people who know better, what is appropriate and what is not, in a public server, some topics are obviously forum discussion.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: When you realize... - Postby Tidus » 24 Apr 2014, 15:40

Well Shadow im waiting for the DXHR MP going live but its just a mod so i guess it will be going a slow way and even then it would be nothing like Deus Ex 1.
Changing the engine would mean changing it to a whole new level and i think thats too much for just a little community like deus ex has.

I never found a game which plays similar to deus ex. It just has its own flow and no other game has it. Too bad that DXHR dont has an multiplayer so we could be there (and i would totaly play that :D).

But on a sidenote, wouldnt it be possible to have deus ex features in the unreal engine 3 (4) because deus ex is based on the unreal engine? I know there are alot of things different but still. i dont have a clue about that kind of stuff but i would assume so.

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: When you realize... - Postby ShadowRunner » 25 Apr 2014, 13:21

Unreal 4 is excellent it seems. I think it is about time as well, DX games need more time than budget allows really. Eve Online seems really complex, 11,000 locations, trading, skill advancement, 200 different ships, alliances, groups, factions etc, but that is totally different.

I think if there had not been SDK, multiplayer would have died long ago.

I probably will try Eve Online and wait for DXHRMP too. Aces High is the same price as Eve Online, but Eve is much larger and a more modern engine.

DX though was the best game I ever played and Altfire, FGS, mapping, immense...

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: When you realize... - Postby Tidus » 25 Apr 2014, 15:51

ShadowRunner wrote:DX though was the best game I ever played and Altfire, FGS, mapping, immense...

I agree, i dont really play shooters in multiplayer but this game just was plain fun.

Oh well when HRMP is online, we kick some ass again (i hope lol)

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: When you realize... - Postby ShadowRunner » 26 Apr 2014, 13:55

I think you are right, it is like Apples and Bananas, everyone knows Nintendo.

Return to Spam