Author
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

DXMP_HeliBase - Postby Khaamilus » 05 May 2008, 22:03

No comments, you need to see it! :P
Map needs testing!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 06 May 2008, 02:20

The map is now on the server.

I found some issues...

1. There is a sewer/drain in an aiport lobby, I think it needs a new mover, not a NY street sewer cover, but an indoors vent-door. OR make a hollowbox covering the drain/sewer manhole cover and have a second door into the box.

2. I spent ten minutes on the map before I found:

A. Lockpick
B. Multitool
C. Medkit
D. EMP grenade.

IMO...not enough, need plenty of all four all over map, in boring areas as decoration like sewers, some rooms inside, some can be hidden, some can be easy to find.

But... I could find a free vac nade on top of the helipad, I worry that will make it like Iceworld a little... free nade in the middle, not locked etc... imo I think better to have vac and lam locked and emp plenty free...

Otherwise I could not find any errors at all, I really like everything you have done on the map, the valves were fun. It should play really well.

I could not find how to open either of the secret doors...

Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

- Postby Khaamilus » 06 May 2008, 11:58

ShadowRunner wrote:1. There is a sewer/drain in an aiport lobby, I think it needs a new mover, not a NY street sewer cover, but an indoors vent-door. OR make a hollowbox covering the drain/sewer manhole cover and have a second door into the box.

Roger that!

ShadowRunner wrote:2. I spent ten minutes on the map before I found:
A. Lockpick
B. Multitool
C. Medkit
D. EMP grenade.

On the map there are: 5 free lockpicks, 5 free multitools, 4 free medkits (1 locked), 4 free biocells (2 locked), 2 free EMPs (3 locked), 1 free LAM (3 locked), 3 free GASGrenades (1 locked)! I think its enough items, you cant find it because you dont know where to look for it. Items are even more than for example on CMD. I tried to make every room and every part of the map to be worth to visit (discover).

ShadowRunner wrote:But... I could find a free vac nade on top of the helipad, I worry that will make it like Iceworld a little... free nade in the middle, not locked etc... imo I think better to have vac and lam locked and emp plenty free...

Helipad turrets job is to protect them, besides this is empty space, no place to cover, its very dangerous. The map is called Helibase so I wanted to make helipad main battlefield of the map.

ShadowRunner wrote:I could not find how to open either of the secret doors...

Thats why they are secrets! :wink:

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

- Postby chin.democ. » 06 May 2008, 15:31

It's well put together, I see you have good knowledge of the SDK, I couldn't find any errors, I notice you have a LAW in a cabinet, and HE two things I stay away from. Oh and I love the hole that leads you into one of the toilets !!

To truly test this map you need a decently full server, so I'll look forward to playing this and perhaps give some real feedback, great work Kham.

IchoTolot
invisible in background

Quad 1,0,0 - 3rd Planet - 50.6909 North - 11.5947 South

- Postby IchoTolot » 06 May 2008, 15:57

Khaamilus wrote:...
ShadowRunner wrote:I could not find how to open either of the secret doors...

Thats why they are secrets! :wink:

Where these damn doors or do i need new glasses ?

pi/100*1337=42
Khaamilus
Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets

Nationality:
Poland

- Postby Khaamilus » 06 May 2008, 16:55

Yee, the hole in the toilet owns, maybe I should make that you can jump into the one hole, swim 10 seconds and go out through the other hole next to the first one, that would be fun.

The secrets are in the same place as in SP, behind the bookcases.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 07 May 2008, 05:16

I hope auggers will see this map...

Return to Maps