Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_MineShaft

Author
Power/3D
Power/3D

DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Elemental » 16 Aug 2009, 11:49

Okay, this is my return to dx map. Since I've been gone for so long, due to no internet, I decided I'm overdue on a map. This map was made about two months ago out of boredom. It does contain custom music (That I composed), RainMod, Sound effects to go with it, etc. Anyways, I hope you guys like it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
Re: [B] clan member dissing us - New postby SPAZ ROFELZ
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 16 Aug 2009, 15:31

Hi, thanks for posting this map, is it Altfire compatible? Maybe we could host it there.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 16 Aug 2009, 15:39

Own composed music.. sounds interesting! :)
Gonna have a look later on the day

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~DJ~ » 16 Aug 2009, 18:52

I think he converted a mp3 to wav then imported to DX, 14 mb for a map, :O

Next time RAR it, it compresses moar, :$

anyway, downloading it now, can't wait :D

Also, WB To DX, ;D

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Elemental » 16 Aug 2009, 21:26

~DJ~ wrote:I think he converted a mp3 to wav then imported to DX, 14 mb for a map, :O

Next time RAR it, it compresses moar, :$

anyway, downloading it now, can't wait :D

Also, WB To DX, ;D

Indeed that's what I did, except I took an MP3 format, to wave, then to .it format, then I converted it lol. the song is fairly long which accounts for it's size. I didn't originally write the song for a map, but I thought it fit the map perfectly. The song I wrote is called Fire Dance. Keep in mind, that I am a bit rusted on mapping, since I didn't do it a whole lot, but looking at the final version of this map, I found it good enough to place here. However it should be compatable with that AltFire mod. But just try it out with it and let me know for sure.

Legion says:
*Or if you prefer gaming lingo: Don't lie to me, or The admin will open a can of maximum ownage on your happy ass lol
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 16 Aug 2009, 21:35

I've downloaded it, i'll take a look asap

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~DJ~ » 17 Aug 2009, 02:34

I like it, nice railway tracks! XD

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Elemental » 17 Aug 2009, 03:37

~DJ~ wrote:I like it, nice railway tracks! XD

Thanks, Back in the day, I had a thing about making my maps to be as real as possible. I wanted this map to have have a sense of awe about it. Though I, myself have yet to put it online, I do plan to host it as soon as I figure out what my server issue is (Server won't open) but that's another story. At this moment, I'm not sure how many mappers are left in dx, if any are left.... So, with that in mind, I've already began working on some new ones which I won't go into to much detail about, but one does have a UT theme.

Legion says:
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 17 Aug 2009, 11:53

I for example am still mapping, currently working on a modification of DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3_152 and when its done it will be playable on our Star Gate server.

Your map looks great, I think the best would be to find a good aug or zeroaug server to host it because altfire would kind of ruin it because of the low gravity. Unfortunately [RTKM] server's down, I assume permanently so this community needs a proper 0aug server again :( I'll contact some of my friends and see what can be done. What I liked about that server was the good latency and the large variety of maps. I'm sure they would have hosted this map for you.

Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Elemental » 17 Aug 2009, 21:07

My server will be a 0 aug one. That's all I map for.... in fact, so far, all the mappers I've seen seem to map augged maps.... Pretty big adjustment for me since I've been gone for so long, guess I gotta get used to being the black sheep. I've been debating rather I should join a clan or continue being freelance... so far, I haven't had any clans asked, but so far I haven't asked lol. But I'm glad you guys like the map.

Legion says:
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 17 Aug 2009, 21:16

Don't worry... DXSG_Area51Bunker_V3 was quite 0aug like as well up to now... bigfoot's just fixing it, though..

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Elemental
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Elemental » 18 Aug 2009, 01:21

That's good.. Guess I need to figure out rather or not to join a clan lol.... But for now, I'm mostly focused on getting a few other maps ready for online.

Legion says:
Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Fear » 27 Nov 2010, 03:18

this maps on the server now :)

2004-2014
Fear
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby Fear » 16 Dec 2010, 18:44

didnt work though -_-

2004-2014
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_MineShaft - Postby ShadowRunner » 16 Dec 2010, 20:00

I don't know if Elemental is still around or mapping. I can take a look and try to fix it.
His maps do have silly errors sometimes, most of his maps were made at a time when he wasn't a player.
I will check this out though, it might not be his error, could be something else.

As I mentioned in pm, there will be about four updated zero aug classics coming to you very shortly for hosting.
3 of them were hosted before and were either massively popular or tested long enough for me to know they will be very popular. One map though, I am not sure, it's very small, a village street in Italy, we can but try I guess.

Return to Maps