DXMP_Tonochi - Postby chin.democ. » 16 Aug 2011, 23:49

Map Name - DXMP_Tonochi
Map Author -
Map Filesize - 4.41 MB
Map Playersize –
Map Buildtime -
Year Completed -
Notes -

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Tonochi - Postby ShadowRunner » 17 Aug 2011, 11:39

Tonnochi Road was almost an afterthought in DX I thought. It's some brilliant gameplay to have several options to enter Queens Towers, and climbing above the tower and around to snipe, or jumping into Jock's apartment was awesome. It seemed very undetailed and undeveloped, that part of the game.

This is one map I think could be remade, for the better, with 10 times more rooftop action.

Speaking of which, I was talking with Ketchup last night and learned that DXMS_Rooftops was in fact heavily edited by DXMS. Originally the map was only lit around the rooftops and the street level was not a play area, but DXMS relit the map and opened up the gameplay below in the streets. The original idea sounds rather good and challenging, falling off a roof means death. Ketchup is planning to remake Rooftops as the original design, but with skyscrapers and much taller buildings.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Tonochi - Postby Magus » 17 Aug 2011, 15:14

ShadowRunner wrote:Speaking of which, I was talking with Ketchup last night and learned that DXMS_Rooftops was in fact heavily edited by DXMS. Originally the map was only lit around the rooftops and the street level was not a play area, but DXMS relit the map and opened up the gameplay below in the streets. The original idea sounds rather good and challenging, falling off a roof means death. Ketchup is planning to remake Rooftops as the original design, but with skyscrapers and much taller buildings.

Odd, I wasn't informed of that...

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Tonochi - Postby chin.democ. » 17 Aug 2011, 22:56

The ground sections did tend to be quite boring I thought, you had to get on the roofs to get the real action so it makes sense reading that. Awesome that he is going to be mapping again.

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Tonochi - Postby Magus » 18 Aug 2011, 17:18

chin.democ. wrote:The ground sections did tend to be quite boring I thought, you had to get on the roofs to get the real action so it makes sense reading that. Awesome that he is going to be mapping again.

Agreed. I'd like to see untainted work from Ketchup this time :D

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Tonochi - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Aug 2011, 14:24

DXMS was a great thing, so maybe people don't always focus on the negative. Editing I wouldn't have minded, it was getting every map rejected that was frustrating, since two of them became very popular afterwards. So I never did make a "dxms" map in the end.

Most of the activity happening now, is basically dxms members, myself, chinny, cozmo etc, besides younger/newer modders, probably only Face wasn't a member, I think.

Return to Maps