Teh 1337'

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ~DJ~ » 19 Nov 2010, 15:16

5th is the final semester though right?

YOU CAN ALWAYS WAIT <THEN>. THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT. JUST TAKE UR TIME <THEN>

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Nov 2010, 15:45

I should refer to you before making all these announcements because obviously it is better to hear from the horse's mouth than its ass. And sure, take your time of course.

Also.. I'm thinking about making such a public release of DXSG_CMD_V1 too.. is there any interest at all? :o

I would imagine a lot. I'm drooling at the thought of editing it. Exciting. But then also I think no, dont release it, dont touch it.

I've always wanted to open up the room behind the SG room and the lockdown door that is a dead end.
It would be interesting to "thedayafter" parts the Vandenberg area outside perhaps, but not sure if ppl want another carnage, maybe just a few small touches here and there of superficial damage, just to tell a story...
And although we just talked ourselves out of it, maybe some people want to go through that stargate ( to a small place)
The vents and base are perfect, maybe I would look at some of the ladders in the vents though.
If we did a community poll/wishlist for the map, I'd be happy to have a go at opening up that SG control room area at least.

I am making DXSG_Silo using the SP map, its very difficult, because I can not use 3D view at all for anything, but having that rocket launch will be fun. Maybe someone wants to use the MP map and make a really small SG map?

Darma
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: StargateMaps - Postby Darma » 19 Nov 2010, 16:52

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Also.. I'm thinking about making such a public release of DXSG_CMD_V1 too.. is there any interest at all? :o

The stargate

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ShadowRunner » 19 Nov 2010, 17:44

If I remember rightly, Noodz had editor trouble and couldnt go beyond the SG room, that's why there is a spare lockdown door and the SG control window is blank, no room behind... and why the gate is not active.

I think the map is big enough, no major changes in order, an active gate would expand the map too much perhaps, unless you gated in to some small fun room with lots of Hookers or something, which unsurprisingly is not an original idea.

Darma
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: StargateMaps - Postby Darma » 19 Nov 2010, 19:01

for the active stargate, I was thinking at your mod. the sgc with a stargate working with a code you put with a keypad or something

btw: I just succeded at making a warpzone stargate!
Now I'll remake it with ued because ued1 did it bad!

Edit: with the help of ued2, no more errors!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: StargateMaps - Postby chin.democ. » 19 Nov 2010, 22:09

Darma is UnrealEd 2 really much better (stable) than No.1 because I seem to be having alot of problems lately with 1, Shadow do you use one or two? P.S. that horse's posterior comment was great haha! :horseshit:

Darma
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: StargateMaps - Postby Darma » 19 Nov 2010, 22:28

I usually use the 1 (even if it crash) because if you want to use customs .utx and .u files, you have to load it manually but when I don't have a choice and that I have to use ued2, I use it
for Exemple: I got to make a 1-sided brush for a warp zone. Problem was: If I use a square in a circle for a warpzone, it will looks weird. Luckly, ued2 has the tool that allow me to make circle 1-sided brushed :)
it is more stable too

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ~DJ~ » 20 Nov 2010, 03:06

Warpzone looks ugly. It's blueish stuff then teleport. IIRC you have to go on to see what's on the other side.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Darma
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: StargateMaps - Postby Darma » 20 Nov 2010, 12:48

that's why there are blue-water tex 1-sided non-solid movers

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ~DJ~ » 20 Nov 2010, 14:38

BUT U CAN SEE IT

IF IT WAS SO EASY TO SEE IT WHY DID SGC SEND IN SOME MINIROBOTS TO GO LOOK ON WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE!

That Resident Evil Mod
————

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ShadowRunner » 20 Nov 2010, 17:00

If I was an alien and the first thing through my gate was a robot with a camera, I'd probably send it back with a nuke attached.

@Chinny - I use 1. I didn't really like 2, but Sike likes 2. 1 might be more laborious to use.
But I don't use vertex editing, I didn't trust it, although Jon laughed that I intersect brushes the long way, it either works or it doesn't, so I'm not wasting my time building buggy stuff.
I think you might be having problems because your system folder is stuffed full of dodgy .u files from SP mods.
If that is not the case, it might be your processor. Since I spent 100 on a 3gig Pentium 4, my editor has none of the problems I used to have. I'm also using windows XP. SDK totally failed on me 100% when I ran it on a laptop and then another laptop with Vista and Win 7.
Also I am very experienced in creative software, I've been using photoshop and coreldraw since 1989, before internet was in the UK and have used flash, illustrator, etc, which are all similar to SDK in the way you need to work. Very precise, logical, methodical, accurate, boring, monotonous etc.
Oh and I right click on the red brush's corner always to move the node from centre of brush to corner of brush. Then it is aligned to grid, again I know this is not the quickest way of doing things, but it works for me.

I'm more than happy to try to fix or rebuild maps if people are struggling with the editor. Noodz has helped me several times save a map that was giving me no joy.

Darma
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: StargateMaps - Postby Darma » 20 Nov 2010, 19:02

~DJ~ wrote:BUT U CAN SEE IT

IF IT WAS SO EASY TO SEE IT WHY DID SGC SEND IN SOME MINIROBOTS TO GO LOOK ON WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE!

That warpzone was a ALPHA version made to see if it was working
It is, now I added blue-water stuff

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ~DJ~ » 21 Nov 2010, 06:22

u cantz see even 1% though

it'd be good instead of a teleporter though, which i think we already discussed about, in new YET TO BE RELEASED sg map/mod.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: StargateMaps - Postby ShadowRunner » 21 Nov 2010, 11:31

NEW SG MOD?

Darma
Archangel/1B
Archangel/1B

Re: StargateMaps - Postby Darma » 21 Nov 2010, 12:23

I WANT TO DOWNLOAD YOUR MAP