Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_Bunkers

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Majster » 25 Jun 2012, 18:26

I have improved my map and now I can release new beta2 version. I sent new version to Chinny, so it will be on FGS 0 Augs Server soon. Main improvements:
1. Better Weapon Racks

2. Skybox added

3. WWII vehicles

I need feedback. I haven't played on my map yet, so your opinions are important. ;)
I am going to make WWII version for Rollo's server.

Last edited by Majster on 13 Sep 2012, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Majster » 28 Aug 2012, 20:07

The new version is ready. Changes are small, just added walls and changed a lot cabinets with items and repair bots, but it will be great change in the gameplay. My first vision of gameplay of this map was open area with sniper fights, as in Sniper Box map. In my first idea Bunkers was to be "better Sniper Box in HillsV2 style". I wanna try another gameplay, which Shadowrunner suggested already during 2MB Mapping Challenge - map with walls and trenches (he also suggested resign from turrets in spawn points and make one in the tower, maybe I will try it in the future). In next version I will add trenches and maybe more walls, it depends on it how this version3 will "goes".
My goal is make this map for WWII Mod with WWII textures, objects etc. It will be difficult to reach quality of Shadowrunner's WWII maps, but I can try at least. :-D
For now - beta3. Cheers. 8-)

Ps. I don't know how to make ruined walls, trenches like was during World War II, barbed wire, hills or mountains and other these things. :? I have to learn it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Majster on 29 Aug 2012, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby chin.democ. » 29 Aug 2012, 05:54

I'm guessing because of the walls put in that the middle bit will be used alot! Broken walls can be made by using lots of smallish rectangular brushes put on eachother like brickwork perhaps, it's a shame DXMS maps are protected (major own goal imo) as they were some maps with these broken walls.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby ShadowRunner » 29 Aug 2012, 07:45

Good idea.

Amtrack has broken walls and the bricks fit the texture size. WW2_France_1944 has them too plus roof tiles on street.

Mainman tended more to create custom brushes of broken slabs rather than use small bricks, which can mess fps.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby chin.democ. » 29 Aug 2012, 13:36

Yeah separate bricks would be hard on the engine but I can't expect Majster to be making complex brushwork just yet....but he'll get there if he wants to! :matrix:

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Majster » 29 Aug 2012, 17:29

Good idea, I can copy walls from Amtrack. I must ask Nobody for this map. Barbed wire I can copy from France_1944 (Can I Shadow? :-D ). Trenches should be easy to make. I still have problem with hills and mountains (but mountains I will make in my another map).

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Majster » 13 Sep 2012, 18:52

New version is ready!
Changes:
-fixed nighttime sounds
-fixed lights in toilets
-fixed turrets
-some war decrations near entrances to bunkers
-underground tunnel
-vents in spawn points
-ruined walls added

I think I am close to finish this map finally, but I can't exclude new improvements. As always I am looking forward for feedback. Enjoy! :matrix:

Ps. Huge thanks to Chees, for teaching me how to make ruined walls.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Vexus » 13 Sep 2012, 20:11

Why is thy sniper of such a strange coloration?

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby [FGS]Chees » 13 Sep 2012, 20:19

Majster wrote:New version is ready!
I think I am close to finish this map finally, but I can't exclude new improvements. As always I am looking forward for feedback. Enjoy! :matrix:

Ps. Huge thanks to Chees, for teaching me how to make ruined walls.

Your welcome Majster. Looking forward to seeing this map :-D

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Majster » 13 Sep 2012, 20:39

Vexus wrote:Why is thy sniper of such a strange coloration?

Because it's another sniper rifle made by my friends. If you remeber GODZ Server, there was powerfull sniper rifle, it's similar - much bigger hits. 8-)

[FGS]Chees wrote:Your welcome Majster. Looking forward to seeing this map :-D

I sent map to Chinny, so it should be on FGS 0 Augs Server soon. ^^

Also, if you have some ideas what can add to my map, feel free to write it. Maybe some of them I will put into practice. :)

Vexus
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Vexus » 13 Sep 2012, 20:42

Majster wrote:
Vexus wrote:Why is thy sniper of such a strange coloration?

Because it's another sniper rifle made by my friends. If you remeber GODZ Server, there was powerfull sniper rifle, it's similar - much bigger hits. 8-)

Just make the sniper gib them. Explosive or gibbed damage

ShadowRunner wrote:lolz, the mayhem of this thread is huge...

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Is there anything I can put in your mouth to make you stop talking rubbish? :-s

anax wrote:wow you are amazing. like this woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4B9NA-NLE

[FGS]Kalman wrote:Lol I thought for 2-3 months everybody talks like a sir here, then I realised it's the forum's censorship

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:Oh my god.. why are small minded people just so... SMALL MINDED! ](*,)
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby chin.democ. » 13 Sep 2012, 20:53

Looks great Majster, the creative output of this clan is incredible right now.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Majster » 17 Oct 2012, 22:14

I have done a new version. I named it "Prefinal", because I think gameplay won't be changed. I want fix details and bugs in future only, the map is nearly finished. I need only some feedback, as always.
I think open map gameplay was better than with walls, so I deleted walls. The map is not so small, so must be open, player should find his enemy easilly.
List of changes:
-some walls deleted
-fixed many brushes
-aligned many textures
-two new cabinets (with emp, gas grenade and lam)
-few lockpicks added
-objects near trenches changed
-many trees deleted
-two zones added (one for one spawnpoint)

I couldn't fix problem with low fps in some parts of the map (sometimes even 40 fps), but I think it isn't big problem (or is?).
Huge thanks for Chees again, for tips about brushes and textures. I'm afraid there are still few things which require to improve. :-k

I can prepare WWII version finally. Bunkers will be on WWII Server soon! ;)

Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby Magus » 17 Oct 2012, 22:35

chin.democ. wrote:it's a shame DXMS maps are protected (major own goal imo) as they were some maps with these broken walls.

Given the choice I would have left them free - sadly, I was not =(

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_Bunkers - Postby chin.democ. » 18 Oct 2012, 07:28

Nice Majster, I'll put this on server as soon as my new charger arrives.

Return to Maps