Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

ShadowRunner Map Series 1-3 - sexy maps...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

thx - Postby ShadowRunner » 05 Apr 2006, 07:49

thx yeah ppl asking me for clan rooms and stuff but..hmm...
no codes ok sure... it's better that way.
DXSG was a RPG, trying to ween the codes from ppl...
I only discovered the "surface properties" yesterday on EscapeFromNewYork...

Thanks again Reaction, Magus, Godz, FGS and Mastershadow and all who tested these maps... I can fit a door texture to a door now lol...

So here is DXMP_SWAMPVALLEY a 1mb beta version bonus SP conversion.
I borrowed Vandenberg Mountains, Music and Skybox...the rest is new..
There are 3 underground keypad rooms and a turret and camera...

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reaction
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

- Postby Reaction » 05 Apr 2006, 23:25

If its for a clan map then by all means use coded keypads, but if its gonna be a regular MP map that you want people to have fun on then you can see that if someone knows the code to a room with HE in then they are gonna have a big advantage arent they.

Ive finaly given up trying to get you to coem to DXMS :!: Its still good to see a maper churning out the maps so quikly and with such enthusiasm. Your improving... keep it going :P

[align=center]
~ Chris ~ Reaction ~

Image[/align]
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

DXMS - Postby ShadowRunner » 06 Apr 2006, 06:32

[Quote = "Reaction"] Ive finally given up trying to get you to come to DXMS [/quote]
LOL I cant think of anything better, I thought you had to be good, no?
I think i need DXMS like a fly needs metabolic end product, or like bears like honey...
Without DXMS my mapping would be as useful as a one-legged man in an asskicking contest.
When you say "come" you mean use the forums, or join DXMS, or ....?
K I'm on it...
I know I totally rushed these maps, I'm working in a different way now, from original starting points and designs...EDIT: and I'm paying the price and seeing "rushed"-ness all over the maps...
As Dogboys points out I am "the most over-rated mapper in DX" :)

EDIT: I made codes but in MP the keypads dont allow you to enter a code.
They require one tool on .20% hackable properties...

EDIT:

New Map DXEYE_MagicScottieLaird and also ScottieCastle. 2 versions.
Flying carpets, magic stuff...
Image Image Image Image

This map requires three textures.

Ray
Fliptex
Neon
and the map DXMP_MagicScottieLaird. It's a beta version of DXMP_MagicScottieCastle, which has been halted for player testing on EYE server and anywhere else, until some experiments have been tested.

The carpets fly, stone slabs move like lifts to various floors, there is a button which opens a hidden door, there are two fake clan rooms and a real one, not hidden, but even you can find the door button, and your team mate open it for you, the real clan room is virtually impossible to assault. The rest of the map is fun and silly and like a scottish castle.

I had some Unreal GPF's in the very last rebuild, so a 4 poster bed and some slabs appear too bright. I quite like this map, only the GPF didnt allow me to continue and add some dungeon and some traps.
An undamaged less developed back up copy exists, so that can be edited to Castle when ppl give feedback on Laird beta...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Maps