Board index Downloads Deus Ex Maps ]

DXMP_TropicalIsland

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

DXMP_TropicalIsland - Postby Whiplash » 20 Mar 2013, 15:27

This is a quick map I designed over the course of a single night, limited to dragons tooth swords for swordfighting.

Pretty sure all the dependencies are included

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: DXMP_TropicalIsland - Postby ~DJ~ » 20 Mar 2013, 20:10

Y U NO INCLUDE SCREENSHOTS?

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
Alvind
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Re: DXMP_TropicalIsland - Postby Alvind » 20 Mar 2013, 20:32

Lol @ DJ :mofu: GET YER SSHOTS OUT, :matrix:

anax
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: DXMP_TropicalIsland - Postby anax » 21 Mar 2013, 16:18

dude, insane DTS fights on this map. love it. Some extra details and you got a perfect no-aug map, maybe a more neutral sky texture and slightly toned down lights though dude cause they make everything too bright at the momen t. :-D

AKA Knifeworld on Discord etc. Frozen brains tell no tales!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: DXMP_TropicalIsland - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Mar 2013, 00:01

I'm excited for a number of reasons.

The major thing you are doing right is designing a map that is different and could be useful.

1. Textures are nice. I like the boat.

2. Design is good.

3. It's a DTS map and the theme or location is fresh in comparison to most stuff hosted.

The major thing you are doing wrong is killing the map with non-immersive edits.

1. Rotate some of the DTS so it's more believable that they have been dropped or placed on the floor randomly. Steel blades for example could be "stabbed" into the ground. At the moment I feel very much I am in a map that has been made too quickly.

2. There is nothing connecting player area and skybox, it's obvious they are two separate areas. This is killing immersion and letting you know you are in a false world. Maybe some sort of lagoon terrain blocking out the edges. This was my only real beef with your railway map too.

3. If light was that bright in real life, there would be very strong shadows under the trees and furniture and anything else. There are already so many 0-aug maps that are so bright there are no shadows anywhere.

If the intention is bright light, then I would say it's not finished. Otherwise I would reduce the lighting massively to same as default MP maps. Have a sunset and have proper shadows like the default MP maps.

If you need any help at all, just pm me and we can organize msn, skype, fb or pm, whatever.

Return to Maps