Author
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

DXMP_Mj12CMDCentre - Postby ECHELON » 23 Mar 2008, 05:30

Hi, this map i made for Whiplash.

Can you test it on [FGS] server please :-D

Updated!!!

Now renamed to DXMP_MJ12CMDCentre.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ECHELON on 02 Apr 2008, 19:26, edited 4 times in total.
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 23 Mar 2008, 12:36

OK... as I told Whiplash on RTK, you had better look at DXMP_MJ12, one of the first ever DXMP maps... if it is not here, on alpha, or at planetdeusex.com, give me a shout...

My comments would depend entirely on whether you consider the map finished. If the aim of Whiplash's project is to recreate that SP map online, then I would say it is a big fail. I turn right out of detention and hit a brick wall. The best parts of the MJ12 map are gone. Same if I follow the sign saying laboratories, I hit a brick wall and feel cheated out of seeing labs.
The prison and command centre are faithful reproductions of SP, I just wish for armoury and labs too...

Also in the detention area, a metal cabinet is locked but empty, I was cheated out of a lockpick lol...

Otherwise I'd say nice job, seem to have got the weps right for altfire, I couldn't find any bug and the spwnrooms seem good to handle lots of noobs.

I am assuming the map isnt finished, because I could find no keypads on the bot cubicles.

Definitely it is worth checking out DXMP_MJ12.

The map is up on the server until you have had a whizz round and given us the next version...

Also you might want to consider that the SP map is unsuitable for MP play.
By this I mean, the labs connect to the command centre, the command centre connects to detention and armoury. There is no way from detention or armoury to labs or med other than that one door in command centre, which any noob can lam and camp, so definitely the vent system needs to be there, or some additional mapping to the original SP... Deus Ex needs it's backdoor action as I keep reminding ppl...

Good work so far, at least that cow Navarre wasnt gloating over me...

ECHELON
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby ECHELON » 24 Mar 2008, 09:35

ShadowRunner wrote:OK... as I told Whiplash on RTK, you had better look at DXMP_MJ12, one of the first ever DXMP maps... if it is not here, on alpha, or at planetdeusex.com, give me a shout...

Ok i will do some looking around

ShadowRunner wrote:I turn right out of detention and hit a brick wall. The best parts of the MJ12 map are gone. Same if I follow the sign saying laboratories, I hit a brick wall and feel cheated out of seeing labs.
The prison and command centre are faithful reproductions of SP, I just wish for armoury and labs too...

Yeah im sorry but i couldnt think of another name but DXMP_MJ12Lab.
It should've been DXMP_MJ12CommandCenter or Detention Centre.
Whiplash told me to block of that labs area with a cave-in.

ShadowRunner wrote:Also in the detention area, a metal cabinet is locked but empty, I was cheated out of a lockpick lol...

Lol thanks for pointing that out

ShadowRunner wrote:I am assuming the map isnt finished, because I could find no keypads on the bot cubicles.

Yes it hasn't been finished sir.

ShadowRunner wrote:Definitely it is worth checking out DXMP_MJ12.

As i said above i will check it out

ShadowRunner wrote:Also you might want to consider that the SP map is unsuitable for MP play.
By this I mean, the labs connect to the command centre, the command centre connects to detention and armoury. There is no way from detention or armoury to labs or med other than that one door in command centre, which any noob can lam and camp, so definitely the vent system needs to be there, or some additional mapping to the original SP... Deus Ex needs it's backdoor action as I keep reminding ppl...

There is a vent system but it connects from detention centre to command centre only.

ShadowRunner wrote:Good work so far, at least that cow Navarre wasnt gloating over me...

Thanks.
And thanks for the tips

This is what Whiplash wanted.
Click for enlarge.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

- Postby ShadowRunner » 24 Mar 2008, 19:36

Cave-in sounds really good...

It's just confusion, naming the map DXMP_MJ12CMDCentre or something would be a lot better, I think you are right...

well, one lockpick, small error, good effort...

ECHELON
Angel/0A
Angel/0A

- Postby ECHELON » 30 Mar 2008, 06:55

Updated now !!! Look at first page for download

I tried looking at DXMP_MJ12Lab but had a missing package "Bandit" error.

Changes:
-Renamed to DXMP_MJ12CMDCentre.
-Removed the way to Labs.
-Tunnels made longer.
-Medbot/Repair bots + switches to botcubes added.
-AutoTurrets + Panels added.
-Weapon racks lowered.
-Added more entrances to cmd centre.
-Fixed locked cabinet (cabinets are empty though)
-some other secret changes were made as well.

Return to Maps