Board index Downloads Deus Ex MP Mods ]

Sharpshooter Gametype v1.5 Download (Update 10/27)

Author
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Jun 2013, 12:54

If you could do some textures that would be great ideally I'm looking for about 3-4 different styles to plaster around my maps would be epic. My ideas below. 8-)

Sharpshooter Map Preparation Ideas

Sharpshooter maps will be edited specifically for the Sharpshooter gametype and will have Sharpshooter prefix i.e. DXSS_CS-Office.
Maps will have player starts that are scattered around the map (seeing as the player spawns with weapons in hand there's no need for weapon racks, also having playerstarts spaced out the players don't spawn near each other as this is a deathmatch gametype), maps will also have at least one "free" medbot (Sharpshooter has no medkits and so I think it will give the maps a good point of interest - fighting over the medbot etc).

Maps will have the following items edited out (As they are useless);

Biobots and housings
Cabinets
Lockpicks
Medkits
Multitools
biocells
Weapon racks and weapons
gas grenades
emp grenades
he 20mm
lams

Any rooms that look empty after the above is edited out will be good areas to insert custom Sharpshooter textures.

jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby jager774 » 14 Jun 2013, 13:01

Good ideas! I nearly finished dust2-s long part, as in CS, i just need to finish up the CT spawn and the so called 'short' between middle and long, and then im done, i did not add any pickups, cabinets, medbots, etc yet so i can save a plain version of the map to use with sharpshooter if you guys would fancy to do that :-D
and ye ok i will make some cool signs and metabolic end product for sharpshooter when i get home( its 1:01pm for me now, i'll be back around 8-9pm ) :matrix:

jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby jager774 » 14 Jun 2013, 13:05

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Jun 2013, 13:07

Known Bugs (Not fixed yet)
----------------------------------
-When the match ends, the map will not transition, it will just stay at that final scoreboard forever.

That above is a major ass bug that needs addressing, calling all coders!!! :wink2:

jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby jager774 » 14 Jun 2013, 13:10

chin.democ. wrote:That above is a major ass bug that needs addressing, calling all coders!!! :wink2:

I dont know how will that look in code but, its obvious that it stays there because the 'countdown' for the weapons rotation is ocassionally colliding with the map time countdown, and the wep. rot. doesnt end, so i think the engine gets it like the map is still running and the time didnt expire.

Somehow you guys have to set the weapon rotation's countdown have the same amount of time the map does have. :?

RedDynasty
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Portugal

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby RedDynasty » 14 Jun 2013, 14:35

Its either that or you folks didnt properly extend the classes right.
I suggest calling the weapon rotation line off when either the time limit ends or when the kill limit is reached, depending on the occasion.

You're not a gamer until you played this.
atrey65789
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby atrey65789 » 14 Jun 2013, 14:54

RedDynasty wrote:Its either that or you folks didnt properly extend the classes right.
I suggest calling the weapon rotation line off when either the time limit ends or when the kill limit is reached, depending on the occasion.

I will do that.

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby Tidus » 14 Jun 2013, 19:40

Just had an epic fight with 7 ppl and it was fun as hell.
Especially when you just respawned with all the explosive things like LAW, epic.

One thing you should change though:

Railgun is a too buggy weapon and can shooth trough walls, not nice.
Gravity Gun is basicly the same, can shoot trough walls.
Scramble Grenade is useless, it doesnt deal damage, there are no bots around and it is buggy in MP anyways, sometimes you throw an invisble grenade :P

I know, that this is a testserver right now, but it would be cool if the limit wasnt 999 but 50~ and then switch maps, because one map the entire time is boring even in a testserver :D

Other then that, its an epic little mod which deserves its own few maps :-D

Edit: Oh and btw, when you have 2 sets of weaponmods already (Tnag and regular weapon), cant we add Tactical aswell?

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby jager774 » 14 Jun 2013, 19:56

Tidus wrote:deserves its own few maps :-D

I can 'provide' some maps like that if needed, maps a little like a battlefield map or similiar stuff, i made something like that, use it if you guys like it
MiniWar3.rar
\:D/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby chin.democ. » 14 Jun 2013, 20:45

I have edited 5 of my newest maps for the Sharpshooter gametype and also I have an edited version of my new map DXMP_Peak and even edited an early beta of my very latest map DXMP_Amon, so 7 in total all waiting on custom texture package and ofcourse for the mod to have it's map rotation bug fixed. :cool:

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby Cozmo » 14 Jun 2013, 22:45

Got a chance to look at this earlier, plays pretty well; some really nice stuff. Some feedback: I'd recommend removing the auto-sniper and beretta (very broken, OP as hell) along with the peppergun and stun prod. There were some other useless weapons but I can't remember them off the top of my head. (at one point I spawned with scramble grenades, a PS20 and stun prod earlier XD)

I'd also advise not changing player's weapons after they've spawned; it massively increases the chance of getting GPFs but is mainly just annoying when you're about to fire and it gets yanked out of your hands :-# but ye it's good

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby Tidus » 14 Jun 2013, 23:20

Cozmo wrote:Got a chance to look at this earlier, plays pretty well; some really nice stuff. Some feedback: I'd recommend removing the auto-sniper and beretta (very broken, OP as hell) along with the peppergun and stun prod. There were some other useless weapons but I can't remember them off the top of my head. (at one point I spawned with scramble grenades, a PS20 and stun prod earlier XD)

I'd also advise not changing player's weapons after they've spawned; it massively increases the chance of getting GPFs but is mainly just annoying when you're about to fire and it gets yanked out of your hands :-# but ye it's good

That, sir is the point in getting useless weapons which kind of can kill people, had some epic fights with a crowbar there.
Why not, gets you in trouble or gives the lowbies a free shot.

Also about the "OP" weapons, no i dont think they are too op here, because you only have them by luck and you consider Beretta OP but a LAW is perfectly fine? :D

Also switching weapons every 45 seconds is fine, very fun to play even when weapons got switched in a fight

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby jager774 » 14 Jun 2013, 23:37

Ok chin i will do the textures tomorrow maybe, im too tired to do that now, if you really need it right now they would look ugly:$
ill do one of them tho, just as a test subject^^

jager774
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby jager774 » 15 Jun 2013, 00:12

thats just a test which i quickly made with one eye open, give me feedback please.
i know its shitty:\
test.pcx.rar

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Sharpshooter Gametype v1.01 (No Bugs !) - Postby Cozmo » 15 Jun 2013, 12:53

Tidus wrote:
Cozmo wrote:Got a chance to look at this earlier, plays pretty well; some really nice stuff. Some feedback: I'd recommend removing the auto-sniper and beretta (very broken, OP as hell) along with the peppergun and stun prod. There were some other useless weapons but I can't remember them off the top of my head. (at one point I spawned with scramble grenades, a PS20 and stun prod earlier XD)

That, sir is the point in getting useless weapons which kind of can kill people, had some epic fights with a crowbar there.
Why not, gets you in trouble or gives the lowbies a free shot.

Also about the "OP" weapons, no i dont think they are too op here, because you only have them by luck and you consider Beretta OP but a LAW is perfectly fine? :D

Also switching weapons every 45 seconds is fine, very fun to play even when weapons got switched in a fight

I never classified the crowbar as useless ;-) I was pretty careful not to. I always use weaker weapons to balance it out, but things like the PS20 are a bit too silly. I don't mind scrambles that much because I can at least nade jump away with them

The LAW is OP, but hilarious, cumbersome, only has one shot and takes some skill not to kill yourself with it in close quarters :-D the beretta on the other hand is the epitome of cheap. The rifle is the epitome of bad design.

I take back what I said about the forced weapon changing though, considering that all players have to deal with it at the same time. Maybe a 3 second warning would work well?

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.

Return to MP Mods