Board index Games... Mods... Multiplayer! Deus Ex Questions about DeusEx ]

NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running...

Author
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2010, 04:50

I reckon this topic might get some hits lol with this title.

Good news: You get a server log u can download with GD :)
Bad news: Server is not showing in the list.

I looked at the server log (not the one attached), I could see immediately that the server was searching for a masterserver which didn't exist. I removed the masterserver line for the non-existent masterserver and restarted the server. Still not showing.
I opened the ini and I could see that it appeared to be a default ini which had been half finished in the configuration, it was purgecachedays=30, augs 2 per kill, the admin password was a really dangerous one letter password, and some things I fixed up, but which would not affect the problem of server not showing in the list.
I then looked at the command line. I am only experienced with Icho/Alex/Noodz fixing altfire command lines, I have those only. I can't really say if this command line is correct or not:

DXMP_Smuggler?-server?log=server.log - but I did think to myself, hmm shouldn't that say DXMP_Area51Bunker? usually, but I'm guessing it doesn't matter as long as the map is in the folder. I wasn't sure if it should be map [0] or map [1] so I made smuggler repeat on both in the maplist and added A51 at the end.

Server still not showing. Epic Fail on my part.

So I'm attaching the server's ini and most recent log after restarting.
I can not see any problem at all by looking at the server log, the server appears to be running.
But the ini does look a bit funny. I was wondering how the hell tnag got there (removed the reference) and why it was kinda half configured, but not completely.

The other thing that occured to me is that something is not in the system folder or map folder that should be, but then that would say so in the log wouldn't it.

And Fear/Jima/Whiplash, my advice is have a massive maplist of zero aug maps from the beginning to most recent and put mapvote on, rather than a selection of zero aug, in the long run its less work rotating the maplist all the time, and u can just upload stuff the server and never need to remove it etc. Also maybe you might want to think about having message mod and DJ's mod or teamswitcher mod.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 22 Nov 2010, 07:53

I... see no problems on the logs, nor on the DeusEx.ini.

But this:

Code: Select all
UseSound=True
GameRenderDevice=None
AudioDevice=Class'Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem'
Console=Class'Engine.Console'
NetworkDevice=Class'IpDrv.TcpNetDriver'
Language=None

It's listed over [DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine] (where you put ServerActors and ServerPackages)
AFAIK, There's nothing there like that.. This all stuff goes to [Engine.Engine] part, where it already exists.

UseSound is used there, though, and it's written two times.

I guess you should remove it from there and replace it on Engine.Engine, and make a backup first. But I doubt it'd fix anything...

NOBODY!!1

POST HERE.

or hawk.

That Resident Evil Mod
————
~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:DONT SEARCH WORDS ON GOOGLE WITHOUT TINKING

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ wrote:you+serious=error

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2010, 12:04

I think you are on the right path, the sections of that ini don't seem right to me.

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2010, 12:09

ok here the mutator ini, masterserver ini, manifest ini, dxmtl ini, the only other ini was the graphics. Attached...

Ah I notice an ini called Detected.ini

It's completely blank,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Magus
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby Magus » 22 Nov 2010, 12:29

OK, just tried a manual connect on the IP listed in server.log, and it didn't work.

Perhaps you've got a port forwarding issue?

-- Magus "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 22 Nov 2010, 12:46

..well it isn't hosted it from home, so.. probably contacting the hoster would be a better idea. What does Jima/others host from? GamingDeluxe? Well whatever it is, I guess asking them for a solution would be a better idea.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

chin.democ. wrote:It's just what you're doing with your right hand that worries me....
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2010, 15:12

w00der at GD is a friend of a friend, he's also mates with Stephen Myhill I think, even so I know they are extremely busy flat-out, I presume that Fear/Jima contacted him.

The problem with w00der is that he is not a Deus Ex player at all, he hasn't got the first clue, he just sets up a default server, it seems the ini is not like the one I had in 2008 either.

If we cant fix it, maybe we need to start all over with a new ini?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 22 Nov 2010, 15:24

INI and Logs don't show any errors. Ah well, since we've got a backup now. I suppose you could restore the INI and all to default. Then add the mods later etc.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 22 Nov 2010, 15:27

Hmm, I'd best get the back-up ini off Jima that actually came with the server I suppose?

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 22 Nov 2010, 15:47

..Iuno. As long as u has backup!

That Resident Evil Mod
————

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 22 Nov 2010, 17:13

That's my suggestion too.. get the ini of the 0aug server and paste it to the new server.
Missing files will be added further.

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~Blade~
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~Blade~ » 22 Nov 2010, 17:30

When did you get this server up first? If you got it very recently then sometimes it does not come up when it says that it is, only noticed that with GD though.

If you can't connect to the server via its IP when its got default settings (like if you just re-installed it) then its a problem with GD.

TétrãHýdrøÇäññÂßîñø£

Mastakilla wrote:If you bring even a thousand players to DX I will come over and suck your male sex organ.
I really will.

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:...you're doing the best to decrease my rationality at the moment.

jager774 wrote:He starts a fight and blames you for starting it and bitching on it. OKAY KEN.
~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 22 Nov 2010, 18:02

AFAIK, It's hosted for ages. It went down unexpectedly.. and since then it's been down.. atleast, not down, just not listing.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

~DJ~
Teh 1337'
Teh 1337'

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ~DJ~ » 25 Nov 2010, 14:19

YEP ITS BACK BECAUSE OF ME CUZ I TALKED TO JIMA.

BECAUSE OF ME.

AND THANKS JIMA FOR FIXING IT BABE.

That Resident Evil Mod
————

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: NEW [FGS] ZERO AUG SERVER IS UP and not running... - Postby ShadowRunner » 25 Nov 2010, 14:22

There were 3 issues.

1. GD had put a firewall in place
2. GD had put command line in the wrong place
3. Old ini was searching for dead masterserver

Return to Questions about DeusEx