Board index FGS Off-topic ]

Abby Sunderland

Author
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Abby Sunderland - Postby synthetic » 13 Jun 2010, 00:57

So this 16yo gal from States went missing some 2 days ago. She planned to sail around the world as umm.. youngest sailor I guess. Her brother held the record before until some 16yo aussie beat him to it. When I heard that she went missing I didnt think much about it, only thought that she was dead. Now I read that they found her, and that 9 meter waves fucked her mast up and tossed the boat around. I suppose it made me think a little because I just watched Jaws 2 on the tv (since i couldnt find the *loving* subs for Zebraman 2 that aint *loving* released outside the *loving* Japan yet).

A funny comment by some chap named TonyFairfax:

TonyFairfax 5 minutes ago (6:38 PM)

While we all rush to hep praise upon Abby Sunderland for her heroic and meaningful effort, I think we all missed the true hero behind this inspiring feat. Yes I am referring to Abby's father, Laurence "superdad" Sunderland. We are all humbled by the fact that Laurence, in an act that will go down in the history of parenting as a beacon for all of us, pushed his children into the spotlight, instead of grabbing it himself, sending them off all alone to death- and logic-defying acts of immense negligence.

I believe that we owe it to Mr. Sunderland to propose a comparable act that he himself could pursue to write his name in golden letters in history. I propose that he attempts to become the first man to cover himself in mustard and ketchup and spend 24 hours in a cage with hungry lions. It is a well known fact that fewer people are killed annually by hungry lions (even fewer covered in condiments) than in traffic accidents, thus I feel that this is a rather safe endeavor for Mr. Sunderland to undertake (and I am sure he would agree with this logic). I believe that this could be arranged quite easily, following a visit to a local supermarket and a subsequent stop at the zoo. Furthermore, rescue efforts (in the unlikely event they may be needed) would be of lesser magnitude than a global search for a missing boat, hence the public would probably not react negatively.

Jima B
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Re: Abby Sunderland - Postby Jima B » 13 Jun 2010, 02:11

Hidden wrote:lots of text

I support this.

Also sunderland is a metabolic end product place for a holiday.

~DJ~ wrote:ANOTHER ONE TO QUOTE ME ON THE SIGNATURE. SOON... I'LL BE TAKING OVER EVERYONE'S SIGNATURE! Mwhahahahaha!

Return to FGS Off-topic