Board index FGS Off-topic ]

To Whiplash and Shadowrunner.

Author
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Majster » 02 Nov 2012, 01:57

FGS joined into clan wars scene, I think it's important to tell you guys, we challenged NKz. Sadly, you couldn't read the topic in main private section, but I have made this one for it. So, the topic on NKz forum: http://nkzclan.forumcommunity.net/?t=52893848
I have one basic question to you: do you want join into this clan war? Mastakilla, Cozmo and me confirmed we will play this cw. Of course more players can join too. This cw will be played before 16th November (I dunno when exactly, I depends).

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 02 Nov 2012, 02:48

I'm game as always if no augs....and back to the response of Shadow and Whip? :-D

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby ShadowRunner » 02 Nov 2012, 19:19

It's an honour to be asked and absolutely yes, it's very good timing, I sucked against Masta last week, but my 0-aug skills recently improved and I am beating or drawing with Nkz, THC, FPS, AB guys (not all tho) these days.

FPS Steam I could not rival, Blade generally too, but there are plenty of guys in these clans that I can beat now.
I need to test which ISP is better for me, only have the back-up, but it seems ok 90% of the time. It's the 10% I worry.

Also I completely suck on my own, due to laggy reloading and medkits. If I work a buddy system, even people like Phant and Blade are falling to the sawn-off or assault gun. I'm vulnerable in the open "he who snipes first" scenario, but Nkz not a problem.

Smuggler, MiniDust and whatever would be my preference.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Majster » 02 Nov 2012, 20:41

Good! Cozmo, Masta, Chinny, you and me. FGS is a strong team. :matrix:
ShadowRunner wrote: my 0-aug skills recently improved and I am beating or drawing with Nkz, THC, FPS, AB guys (not all tho) these days.

I agree, I recorded it recently.

ShadowRunner wrote:Also I completely suck on my own, due to laggy reloading and medkits.

Good thing is playing with the lowest graphics - your game is faster. Also, sync=true will give additional fps (everyone has is it currently). In my case it's 70-130 fps, it depends of map (only on Turnpike I have sometimes even 20 fps).

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Mastakilla » 02 Nov 2012, 21:25

I think NKz has backed off from a war...

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Cozmo » 02 Nov 2012, 22:19

Fair enough I guess, I can only think of like 3 NKZ who could fight, and they're all cool so I'd just end up holding back :oops: guess we could challenge FP$, THC or maybe even A!B seeing as they have a few 0A players

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Mastakilla » 02 Nov 2012, 23:09

I'd prefer THC before FPS, I think FPS will be the hardest clan to play against so it'd be good to get a different war done before them so we have had practise at least.

Not that THC will be easy I don't think.

chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby chin.democ. » 03 Nov 2012, 00:24

We gotta start playing together before we can seriously consider a clan war.

[FGS]Chees
Cherub/7H
Cherub/7H

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby [FGS]Chees » 03 Nov 2012, 01:17

Chin can you password your server for an hour or 2 just for FGS members to have a training session at a date and time that's decided? It's what me and Unknown did several times in XKT just before we challenged anyone in a cw and seemed to work great as players would work together to bring the other team down and not just go in solo guns blazing!

Just an idea but think this will help FGS in cw's

ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby ShadowRunner » 03 Nov 2012, 11:07

I would like to train against THC and FPS without them knowing we are training as well.

Agree totally with Cozmo, there's no fun in slaughtering Dave and his gang, but THC and FPS I want to kill them, maybe Nkz could help in a training session by playing a friendly instead.

There are two THC who assault gun together and have perfect timing. THC duo were well-rehearsed in sharing the attack so that it was constant and so they were getting the medkits and bodies. I tried this alone, dying just to deny enemy any bodies and it does seem to make a huge difference. 1 team death stops a whole enemy rush/streak. I'm not so scared of FPS somehow, but both clans have I'd say 2 very dangerous players.

You get both guys come into a room at the same time and it's hard, they are separated enough so you can't get an angle on both at same time, then one behind is already getting sniper out, so you are already forced with a decision. The one in front is jumping even further, so even if you kill him, you'll never jump, re-aim and kill second guy in time by yourself, the only thing you can do is run until you find your team or take a gamble and snipe, even then my reload seems slower than these 4 guys. If I am not forced to switch weps, then I am ok I think. The tactic seems to be not let both guys get a firing solution on you at the same time

My theory on minidust is that a team should always travel to the stairs, where 2 meds, 2 wepracks are at each end, the outdoors part of the map is far more dangerous, snipers and open ground. I have no other theories, theories got us slaughtered by REN, we defended and stuck whole team together, it was nightmare, my fault. I'd like to ask what is the best way of fighting a war, to split into pairs of 2? Have an objective on each map?

I guess best team is Masta, Fear, Cozmo, Chinny, Majster, but if Dan and Chinny can't play I'd love to put myself forwards. I'm away today, but back tomorrow, I can speak to Ste about ww2 and also do this training tomorrow prolly.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Cozmo » 03 Nov 2012, 14:09

FPS is just a bunch of angry individuals, the best of them being Phantom so I think we're safe. THC actually plays as a team and uses tactics, we'll probably be the toughest team they've played so it's possible they'll use Blade/Scar/Ken together, it would be close imo.

Best tactics generally, depending on what they're doing ofc, would be to move in pairs of two, but keep some distance from each other so random head level snipes won't decimate us, but we can still spray with multiple players if they leave cover. This would be trickier on Smuggler, I guess we'd have to rely on sniper dominance or point blank berserker-Sonny tactics. XD

But yeah, I can password Varying Gametypes server if anyone's up for it.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby chin.democ. » 03 Nov 2012, 16:12

One thing I know about Ken is that he takes his metabolic end product seriously, dividing maps into segments and organising teamplay, that alone suggests THC are the toughest of opponents.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Majster » 03 Nov 2012, 16:25

Mastakilla wrote:I think NKz has backed off from a war...

They just don't have spare time.

I think we can challenge FP$. FP$ challenged NKz, but NKz players don't time as in case of FGS challenge. FP$ players the have team and time, same as we. They are strong and it can be good war. We must remember THC, A!B and HK are an ATDM clans mainly, when FP$ is a 0 augs clan.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Mastakilla » 03 Nov 2012, 16:58

If we go after FPS from the get go we're probably going to lose. I'd rather have a diff war first or several inter-clan matches.

Ken does use tactics alot, he sent a screenshot taken from the top of smuggler and drew out all these plans and whatnot. Thing is, I wouldn't say they're too effective, he didn't really get people to follow said tactics very well. Ken is the only threat in THC imo...

Shadowrunner wrote:maybe Nkz could help in a training session by playing a friendly instead.

That's a very good idea! Even if just 2 members of them want to show up for practise, that'd be really good. We could just mix out members. I'd like that.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: To Whiplash and Shadowrunner. - Postby Majster » 03 Nov 2012, 18:07

Mastakilla wrote:If we go after FPS from the get go we're probably going to lose.

I don't think so. The main part of FP$ is Phantom, the rest guys are medium/good. Players like Mango, DaniSaggenza or Solid are good, but I can beat them. FGS team is very strong, I think stronger than FP$. Especially, Fear > Phantom. FGS players need only to learn how to cooperate in a team.

Return to FGS Off-topic