Board index FGS Off-topic ]

To tag, or not tag, that is the question.

Author
Principality/2C
Principality/2C

Nationality:
Ireland

To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby Whiplash » 07 Jan 2013, 19:47

Hi guys;

I've been away from DX for a while, coming back now to play a little bit but I've got somewhat rusty. To avoid messing up my name, associating it with poor playing, I've been aliasing as a "Player."

Question: as for FGSes view of this: if for some reason a player isn't "in the zone" so to speak, should they go back to being a "player" as I am doing, or wear the FGS(T) tag while playing anyway?

Set Yo Ass On FIRE :mofu:
~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 07 Jan 2013, 20:20

I generally disregard aliasing. People should stand to who they are, including their clan affinity.. but that's just my opinion. :)

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
chin.democ.
chinny!
chinny!

Nationality:
Great Britain

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby chin.democ. » 07 Jan 2013, 20:21

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:I generally disregard aliasing. People should stand to who they are, including their clan affinity.. but that's just my opinion. :)

I agree with Nobody, aliases are something I dislike.

Mastakilla
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!
!Lysergsäurediethylamid!

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby Mastakilla » 07 Jan 2013, 20:29

I think the people who know you already respect you, the people who don't know you are irrelevant and only a small percentage of them would actually judge you playing poorly... And when you get your skill back up they'll underestimate you, win win win win win :-D

I don't like aliasers, but I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I at times have played under an alias, at times where I didn't feel like being social. So that's only a game or two lol.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 07 Jan 2013, 20:59

I agree with Nicky and Noodz both. I also used to alias myself but honestly I don't see the point, if someone thinks FGS is lame because Whiplash has a bad score then he may go ahead and challenge us for a clan war and we'll see about it.

Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby Majster » 07 Jan 2013, 21:03

Hey Whip! :) My opinion is similar to opinions guys above. You can always play with your real nick nice, even if you are rusty. It's not a shame.

From my expirence: I alwyas played as Majster. It's was my first nick name, what I typed in this game. I remember good times, when I was noob, of course I was Majster-noob. Then I was Majster-better-than-noob, then Majster-GODZ-Server-pro, then Majster-rusty, then Majster-altfire-fanatic, but I was always Majster. :-D I am [FGS]Majster-altfire-fanatic now. ^^

OMG I too often use word "always". ](*,)

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)
[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 07 Jan 2013, 21:50

You used the "Majster" more often :D
I sometimes alias, mostly on Hengsha server, and I don't talk, just because I want players think I'm noob

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby ShadowRunner » 07 Jan 2013, 22:00

Agree with Krisz and Nobody, too many trolls in DX aliasing and saying

I own you, you're homosexual, did you like my teamkill?

I own you, you're homosexual, did you like my hax?

this server is homosexual

this player is homosexual

I'm going to alias and pretend to be a new player and laugh with my friend as I waste your life asking questions I know the answers to, because actually there is something wrong with me

Im going to alias and give you negative feedback on your map/mod/asset because I'm actually dumb

this particular dx experience doesn't suit my tastes, so I'm going to alias and nag you to death rather than go and make my own

I respect players who alias, but players who want to alias and make a point or settle scores or hax etc are pretty dumb.
Also if a player aliases to give negative feedback, it's harder to quantify in weighing up the balance with the majority of other feedback, because generally you know who said that to you and it gives you some insight.

Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby Cozmo » 07 Jan 2013, 22:17

I alias just to be unsociable, but people always figure out it's me anyway :oops: but ye don't worry about scores Whip, everyone gets a negative/crappy K/D sometimes

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Majster
Virtue/4E
Virtue/4E

Nationality:
Poland

Re: To tag, or not tag, that is the question. - Postby Majster » 07 Jan 2013, 23:53

[FGS]Kalman wrote:I sometimes alias, mostly on Hengsha server, and I don't talk, just because I want players think I'm noob

Very interesting. :D

ShadowRunner wrote:There's paranoia and anger everywhere about fps, people are taking 0a FAR too seriously, liven the game up and make it more fun for EVERYONE. (and me and Chees lol)

Return to FGS Off-topic