Board index Downloads Audio / Video ]

Sound (effects) for films

Author

Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 12 Jul 2011, 01:35

I've mentioned this in the other topic but as me and my crew slowly progress with shooting the film, this issue is becoming something I need to take care of very soon. I realize that you guys are not experts at this, but on the other hand, we're all scientists in a weird way and maybe you can help. 8-)

Let me explain what I need: When you see a film and people talking in a scene you can often hear doors being shut, glasses put on tables, people talking in the background or even explosions. These sounds don't always come directly from set but they're often added later by technicians during post-production. This way the sound of actors are clearer and they aren't neccesarely required to talk loud so the cameras can record them properly.

You've probably figured out what I want by now: I'd like a large source of simple sound effects to make my scenes more lively. Any sort of help will be appreciated. <3

Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby Kuchcik » 12 Jul 2011, 02:33

[FGS]Kalman
Throne/6G
Throne/6G

Nationality:
Hungary

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby [FGS]Kalman » 12 Jul 2011, 09:43

deadmau5 is Canada's apology for Justin Bieber!!
ShadowRunner
It's over 5000!
It's over 5000!

Nationality:
Japan

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ShadowRunner » 12 Jul 2011, 12:51

yup, this stuff should be basic stock and your sound editor or editor should have it.

I couldn't tell you which library is going to be best. I think for a credit in the film people will help, since you are students it should not be too huge a problem to get a library for free or a token payment.

Try companies direct, but I suspect it might be easier to get help or "blag" from Hungarian National TV companies, anyone who does drama.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 12 Jul 2011, 19:12

[FGS]Kalman wrote:http://hangtarnok.klog.hu/2008/04/12/hangeffektek-sound-effects/

Great, I'll definitely take a deep look at this when I start editing the film.

ShadowRunner wrote:yup, this stuff should be basic stock and your sound editor or editor should have it.

I couldn't tell you which library is going to be best. I think for a credit in the film people will help, since you are students it should not be too huge a problem to get a library for free or a token payment.

Try companies direct, but I suspect it might be easier to get help or "blag" from Hungarian National TV companies, anyone who does drama.

Hmm I see what you mean, I might end up getting nothing but it's definitely worth a try if there's a chance to aquire professional material :)

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Jul 2011, 19:16

In the MAC-pool at my uni they have a big sound archive stored on a mediaserver. I doubt it can be accessed from outside tho.. :?

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 12 Jul 2011, 19:17

FTP? :oops:

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 12 Jul 2011, 19:19

It's some apple metabolic end product.. I have no clue how things work there.. however I could try to establish a VPN connection!

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 13 Jul 2011, 14:45

legal? :alc:

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 13 Jul 2011, 18:06

The VPN connection is legal and the stuff on the media server is legal too but I possibly downloading the stuff from mediaserver through the vpn connection is illegal. :o

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------

~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~

Re: Sound (effects) for films - Postby ~[FGS]SaSQuATcH~ » 13 Jul 2011, 19:50

Are you willing to try though? :-D

Return to Audio / Video