Discord.

Author
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Discord. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 05 Jul 2017, 17:48

Hello.

After having some conversations with Ken where nostalgia and game activity where pretty much the main topic, we realized that there were a lot of players who also feel nostalgic and would like to have some good augmented (or non-augmented...) action, but just don't find active players when they pop-up inside the server-list.

I'm conscious that we are in holidays, and most of people has some better things to do rather than spend all day in DX as we used to do back in the old days, but I'm pretty sure that we can still have some decent games, from what I've heard there were some decent names showing up these past weeks from time to time, that, plus considering that there is a huge possibility of arranging some matches soon, made us think about some good meeting center where all players would be invited and we could say when there is a game on-going (pretty much as we used to do with old Skype group).

Firstly, I don't know if there was a Discord group for DX already active, so quickly I made up a very basic one which only contains the following things:

- Attached Kenties.exe and a DXMP only version, so old players could download everything from there without worrying about torrenting a new one or smth.
- A general voice channel for everyone, and separated voice channels for every clan.

I didn't add bots or anything mostly because I don't know how many people will join the group, maybe in future if someone wants to or meh.

Link: https://discord.gg/CXacFwa

Last edited by DaniSaggenza on 25 Nov 2017, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Discord. - Postby Cozmo » 06 Jul 2017, 18:09

It's worth mentioning that Discord can be used on mobile and even browser, and it's a lot more accessible than a Skype group. I highly recommend everyone uses it.

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Discord. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 06 Jul 2017, 21:15

Server has just 8 persons by now, but seems pretty possible to make games in the future if we get more people on it.

I've played some matches with Valex today, pretty good 0A - ATDM matches and I invited him to the server, he'd publish the Discord server link in the FB group so more players get into it, I cheer up everyone to join it, we can have some good matches ^^.

~][FGS][Nobody~
Illuminated
Illuminated

Nationality:
Germany

Re: Discord. - Postby ~][FGS][Nobody~ » 08 Jul 2017, 00:03

Cozmo wrote:It's worth mentioning that Discord can be used on mobile and even browser, and it's a lot more accessible than a Skype group. I highly recommend everyone uses it.
OMG.. the REAL Cozmo is back?? :) :matrix: :elephant:
If you say so I'll check it out!

Nobody is perfect...
-----------------------
ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.

Magus wrote:Maybe one day I will understand your arcane rituals of voting :)

chin.democ. wrote:You can use light bulbs that emit light, and when shot, do not.

synthetic wrote:and while every person is interesting in their own unique ways, there is some degree of uniqueness that a doctor can help with.

~ô¿ô~][FGS][Nobody~ said: THERE IS NO SPOON!
~¤¥ÐJ¥¤~ said: THERE IS NO CAKE!
Cozmo
Power/3D
Power/3D

Re: Discord. - Postby Cozmo » 11 Jul 2017, 03:05

~][FGS][Nobody~ wrote:
Cozmo wrote:It's worth mentioning that Discord can be used on mobile and even browser, and it's a lot more accessible than a Skype group. I highly recommend everyone uses it.
OMG.. the REAL Cozmo is back?? :) :matrix: :elephant:
If you say so I'll check it out!

omg HI NOBODY!!! :oops:

yeah, Discord is pretty much the only IM I'll touch these days

CDX - A huge Deus Ex Multiplayer patch
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A great tool for creating co-op or rpg content. It will never be used.
Kuchcik
Teh gravn00b
Teh gravn00b

Re: Discord. - Postby Kuchcik » 13 Jul 2017, 21:14

Joined up as weeeeelp, nobody was online though.
Maybe seeing that little DX icon on my server list will make me remember to finally play MP, since I'm online most of the time elsewhere.

Cozmo wrote:yeah, Discord is pretty much the only IM I'll touch these days

Managed a teamspeak3 server not that long ago, but we switched to Discord and I'm not looking back - it's way more manageable, voice is okay and the chat is great.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Discord. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 14 Jul 2017, 12:25

Joined up as weeeeelp, nobody was online though.

Hmm, weird, usually you can find up to 4-5 players online for now, obviously at weekends there is more activity in the server...

Maybe seeing that little DX icon on my server list will make me remember to finally play MP, since I'm online most of the time elsewhere.

Yeah, we usually post a msg in the server when we are about to begin a game or we just ask out if someone is up to play.. yesterday I got impressed and saw up to 5-6 players when it began with just 2 of us joining up the game, people started coming and so on.. I guess there is people who still checks the server list in order to get some games. :-D

Tidus
OWNAGE
OWNAGE

Re: Discord. - Postby Tidus » 29 Jul 2017, 03:33

Oh sweet maybe i can get some games again after not having too much luck looking at the serverlist every few months and not getting a game.

After entering i already saw people playing DX but on a low skillpoint, aug server which im terrible at. Maybe next time :D

"JC! JC! the net's going, the nets going black! JC! No more youtube, no more facebooks of any kind, we will start over, use command lines, if you get this then FIND US! FIND US!"

Albert Einstein once said: "Technical progress is like an ax in the hands of a pathological criminal."
synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Discord. - Postby synthetic » 29 Jul 2017, 04:47

Come join discord and ask cozmo or any one of us to help you set aug buttons up. Other than that most DX games happen when organised atm, going on dx at random time usually has 0 playing.

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Discord. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 25 Nov 2017, 01:09

As of now, server has been growing up and it has 91 members!

Fear has found a nice amount of players which were in different DX-related discord servers, most of them come from SP but they seem interested into joining MP games in the near future.

Link: https://discord.gg/CXacFwa

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Discord. - Postby synthetic » 28 Nov 2017, 11:42

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Discord. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 28 Nov 2017, 21:35

P4RK3R
BUG
BUG

Re: Discord. - Postby P4RK3R » 29 Nov 2017, 01:03

I was there too =D>
so glad ppl want to bring back some old classic dx gameplay

synthetic
Seraphic/8X
Seraphic/8X

Re: Discord. - Postby synthetic » 01 Dec 2017, 12:36

@Dani bring back [M]aricones for christmas #mariconesftw #winteriscoming

and get me a war :bwahaha:

DaniSaggenza
~ banhammered ~
~ banhammered ~

Nationality:
Sweden

Re: Discord. - Postby DaniSaggenza » 01 Dec 2017, 14:05

synthetic wrote:@Dani bring back [M]aricones for christmas #mariconesftw #winteriscoming

and get me a war :bwahaha:

There are more than enough players that can get into 0a or ATDM games, but nowadays all of us are busy or just available at weekends (my case) :f

I've talked in the group about having games again at XMAS and most of them were agree... maybe (?)

PS: Get into the Discunt group tho :f

Return to Deus Ex